DLink DI 524 is famous wireless device among the people over the globe for its outstanding performance as well as flexible features. Moreover, its compatibility with various devices makes it one of the most user-friendly routing devices to the users. We know that the repeater speeds up the router as well as enhances its performance. Not only that, but the extender also plays an effective role to connect the device beyond the specified range of the router. However, to setup DLink DI 524 wireless router as repeater is not a simple task for the users who do not possess the technical know-how. This article will play a significant role for them to set the DLink extender without any hassle. We are trying to give you the idea of how to perform a trouble-free DLink repeater setup process with technical troubleshooting steps.
Connect DLink Router to Wireless Bridge
- Place the wireless bridge within the range of WiFi signal. Moreover, the cable length must be as long as to connect your device with that router.
- Now, press the WPS button on the bridge as well as a router to link them wirelessly. Otherwise, you can log in the router device online.
- To set up wireless router online, you need to open the browser window first.
- After that, type the DLink router default IP i.e., “192.168.0.50” to launch the router login page. You can also visit the DLink Official webpage “http://dlinkap” and open the bridge’s web configuration screen.
- Here, you can use the wireless setup tool for creating a smooth connection between the bridge and the wireless network.
- Next, locate the SSID and select the network’s identifier.
- Enter the correct credentials and click on the Finish button to reboot the bridge.
- Then, disconnect all the cables and wires from the PC and the bridges.
- After creating a successful connection between the bridge and the device, connect the wired device through the ethernet cable.
Setting up DI 524 Wireless Router to Access Point
- Connect the routers from one LAN port to another LAN port. Remember, if you want to connect via WAN port, then it fails to open the server page.
- Next, switch off the DI-524’s DHCP server.
- After that, click on the Home tab from the server window.
- Choose the option LAN and enter the router IP in the LAN network space.
- Disable other functionalities such as firewall, and other system security software, etc.
- Keep the rest of the setup procedure same and restart the router.
- Now, connect your device to the wireless device and check whether the WiFi signal is steady or not.
Extend the WiFi Device to an Old Router
- After updating the firmware with the latest version, connect the wireless device to the old router.
- An old router is useful for its device compatibility. Double-check rest of the settings.
- Next, check whether you can access your old router admin page correctly. If it shows an error message, then you need to reset the router forcefully by tapping the Reset button on the back of the DLink router.
- Hold the button and wait for 10-12 seconds. When it shows a green signal, then connect all the devices with the router through cables and wires. Thus, you can setup DLink DI 524 wireless router as repeater.
Facing Issue in Connecting the DLink Repeater?
Sometimes, you can encounter some critical issues and come across the unexpected error messages like “Code 016”, “Error-Code 302 on Setup”, etc. The following reasons are responsible for creating this annoying issue.
- Outdated DLink firmware causes the network connection error. Therefore, you can see the unexpected error code on the device display.
- Similarly, an outdated version of the Windows creates a problem in getting a steady internet connection.
- Again, a malware attack is another reason responsible for this severe issue and diminishes the system performance.
Fix DLink DI 524 Setup Error in 3 Simple Ways
There are several effective ways to fix the DLink router setup issue. Moreover, it helps to improve the performance of the router. So you might try out the steps below to overcome the possible DLINK DI errors.
Upgrade the Router Firmware
- Open the DLink website or directly type the DLink official address http://www.dlink.com.
- Now, click on the tab to download the Router firmware with the latest version.
- Once done, again type the DLink router IP address in the address bar “192.168.0.1” and hit the Enter key to launch the router login admin window.
- Next, enter the default router Username as Admin and keep the passcode field blank.
- Click Login to launch the Router Setup page.
- Choose the Tools tab from the top section of the window and click on Firmware from the left panel.
- Click on the Browse button and select the .bin file which you have downloaded previously.
- Click on the file to select that file and click on the Update button to start the Firmware upgrade process. It will take a couple of minutes.
- Once done, click on the Continue button and restart the router to check whether the DLink router gets a network connection or not.
Remove the Malware Issues
- Download an antivirus from the authentic link and install it on your system with the latest version.
- Now, double-click on the antivirus icon and launch the System security window on the screen.
- Then, go to the Scan tab or click on Scan for a virus.
- You will get two different System scanning option on the next window.
- Choose either Full Scan or Quick Scan as per your requirement.
- Click on the Yes button and the system will start to scan automatically. It will take several minutes to complete the entire process.
- After that, it will show the virus infected files and corrupted folders that prevent building a wireless connection.
- Tap on the Disinfect button and kill the malware, spyware, etc like a major virus issue.
- Once done, reboot the device and connect it to the extended router. It will help to avoid the wireless connection error.
Update the Windows PC
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and launch the Start menu.
- Choose the Settings app from the menu that appears.
- Click on the Update & Security from the resultant window.
- Select the Windows Update from the Upgrade section.
- Now, hit the button Check for Updates and it will show a list of the latest updates available if any.
- It will download the upgraded version Windows. Click on the Restart Now button when the update is complete.
In the above article, we have discussed the process to set up the DLink DI 524 wireless router as repeater. Moreover, we have analyzed the possible conflicts during the setup process. Therefore, we have also given technical solutions to resolve these annoying issues permanently. We hope this content will be beneficial for all the DLink router users especially for the non-tech-savvy persons to connect the router as a repeater.