In order to set-up Orbi WiFi system in Ap mode, you shall use the Orbi router as an access point. This access point will enable you to create a wireless local network in your office or large building. AP mode is widely used to convert wired connection into wireless. Hence it would be beneficial if you set Orbi set up Wifi system in AP mode. However, in the absence of proper process, it might seem complicated to set-up Orbi WiFi system in AP mode. But you won’t find it difficult after going through the whole article.
Steps to Set-Up Orbi WiFi System In AP Mode
Follow the steps as discussed below and get your done in no time.
Step 1: Work With The FIOS Network
- Launch a web browser on your PC and enter ‘ 192.168.1.1’ in it.
- When the login window appears, enter the login details accurately to access the Main page display.
- Click on ‘Wireless Settings’ and tap the ‘security Settings’ icon.
- Navigate to the ‘Off’ menu located below the ‘Wireless ON’ icon and hit the ‘Apply’ button.
Step 2: Set Up The Orbi WiFi System in AP Mode
- Connect the internet port of the Orbi router to the LAN port of your existing router via ethernet cable.
- Connect your PC to both the routers and open a web browser.
- Type ‘www.orbilogin.com’ in the URL bar and press ‘Enter’ to access the login window of the Orbi router.
- Enter the username and password in the fields and click on the ‘OK’ button. Note that the default username is ‘admin’ and password is ‘pasword’ until and unless you change them.
- If you have changed the username and password, then enter the new ones. Enter the details correctly as these are case sensitive.
- Now, you will come across the basic home page of the Orbi router.
- Click on ‘Advanced’ tab and select ‘Router AP Mode’ under the ‘Advanced Setup’ option.
- Check the AP Mode box on the AP Mode page.
- There are two IP address settings to set-up Orbi Wifi system in AP Mode.
- Tap the radio button next to ‘Get dynamically from the existing router’ option. In this case, your existing router assigns an IP address to the Orbi router when it enters the AP Mode.
- Enable fixed IP settings if you want to assign a specific IP address to the Orbi router in AP Mode.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button to save the changes you have made just now.
- Once the changes take effect, the IP address of the Orbi router changes and disconnects you from it.
- Click on ‘Exit’ to close the existing browser and log into the Orbi router again.
It is advisable to use different WiFi settings on both your existing and Orbi routers. It will help to avoid the interference with other router gateways available on the network you are using. Don’t forget to turn on the WiFi on your existing router to enable the Orbi router for wireless client access.
Hope, you have understood how to set-up Orbi WiFi system in AP Mode without any hassles.