Safari is a perfect web browser in Mac OS and offers more features than its competitor web browsers. When we talk about features, we need to consider secure password storage. It will also give you the protection so that no other website can track you. As a result, Safari becomes the most favorable web browser among Mac users.
Though the Safari offers you high speed, however, many users find it slower than Chrome or Firefox. If you are one of them who face the same issue and confused, then we suggest you set your Safari browser as the default browser. In case, you don’t know the detailed procedure and want to know how to set Safari as the default browser, then look at the rest of the content. As here we are going to provide some effective techniques for you which you can implement to get your queries resolved.
What is the Default Browser?
Before going to the further process, at first, you should know what default browser really stands for and how does it work. Well, it is nothing but simply a web browser which opens a link when you click on that. In addition, any task which opens a URL will be performed in the web browser. Of course, you can use the default browser to surf the internet.
Therefore, if you want to use some specific websites, then you don’t need to open a default browser. Even you use the Safari as your default browser, then also you can open any link of other browsers. So, what you need to do is simply hold down the Control key when you click on the link. After that, select the copy link and then you should paste it in the address bar of your favorite browser.
Now, if you want to set Safari as the default browser, then go through the passage and you will get some practical ways to set it. Check them out.
Know How to Set Safari as Default Browser:
Therefore, if you want to know how do I make Safari my default browser, then look at the rest of the content as here we have come up with some effective methods for you.
Method 1- Change the Default Web Browser on the Earlier Mac OS X
Well, it is a little bit complex procedure, but still, you can manage it. To apply this method, you have to launch the Safari application even if you already have an alternative option. This mainly requires if the Mac OS is running on the OS X Mavericks 10.9 or earlier version. Now, take a look below.
- To set the Safari browser as the default browser, in the beginning, you have to launch the Safari application. After that, you need to click on the Safari that might show on the top of the screen. Then, click on the Preference option.
- Now, a new window will appear in front of your screen, you can see a lot of option there. From there, you should scroll down below and click on the General tab.
- Then, you have to locate the drop-down menu which is beside the Default web browser
- Next, you have to select the programme that you want to use.
- Thereafter, close the Preferences window and quit Safari.
- After that, your device will open all the URL shortcuts and other external links that you set.
- Additionally, Safari web browser helps you to automatically set a particular programme as default.
- So, if you agree with the automatic procedure, then you should repeat the process with the Preference option.
After that, exit from the page and reboot your machine. Now, you will surely be done with how to set Safari as default browser procedure.
Method 2- Change Default Web Browser on the Modern OS
If you want to set Safari as the default browser, then here is another solution for you. Here are the steps that you need to follow to apply this method.
- In the beginning, you have to click on the Apple menu which you can see on the top of the menu bar of the screen.
- Then, tap on the System Preference option.
- After that, a new page will appear on the screen. From there, you should click on the General option. Under this section, you should look for the drop-down option beside the ‘Default web browser’ option.
- Then, you need to tap on the menu and select the desired application.
[Note- When you are trying to switch to a default browser from the Safari web browser, at least one or two alternative browsers must be installed on your device. So, you can change the application.]
So, with the help of the above methods, you can quickly learn how to set Safari as the default browser on your own. However, as it is a complicated procedure and if lack in-depth technical knowledge, then we recommend you to rely on a tech expert and follow their guidance.