SMS is one of the most important facilities that helps to stay connected with people on a global scale. You can communicate from one device to another via text message. Sometimes, while clearing the storage of the phone, you might accidentally delete some important message, which you might need in the future. Also, it might be possible that after resetting or updating the iPhone, the text messages got deleted. Hence, you need to recover those deleted text messages on your iPhone. Thus, in this article, we are going to discuss some easy ways on how to retrieve deleted text messages.
Efficient Ways to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone
Now, you know why you need to recover deleted messages. Therefore, follow the below steps to retrieve deleted text messages iPhone:
- Recovering the data from iTunes Backup.
- By restoring the iPhone from iCloud to retrieve deleted text messages.
- Restoring the deleted texts with iCloud Recovery.
- Retrieving the deleted messages from the iCloud website.
Hence, we are going to discuss the methods vividly, so that you can recover deleted text messages easily on your iPhone.
Method 1: Restoring the iPhone from iTunes Backup
If you have mistakenly deleted the text messages on your iPhone, then you can restore it from iTunes. Thus, follow the steps to restore your iPhone from iTunes backup to retrieve the deleted text messages:
- At first, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Then, execute iTunes and click on the iPhone icon.
- After that, click on Summary and choose the option ‘Restore Backup’.
- Next, choose the backup, depending upon the name.
- Then, click on Restore, to start restoring your iPhone.
Note: By restoring the iPhone, all the data and media will initially get deleted from your phone.
Method 2: By Restoring the iPhone from iCloud
Also, you can recover the deleted messages from iCloud. Hence, go through the below steps to retrieve the deleted text messages by restoring your iPhone from iCloud backup:
- At first, open the Settings of your phone.
- Then, navigate to the General tab and choose the option Reset.
- After that, click on ‘Reset All Content and Settings’.
- Now, it will start erasing all the contents of your phone.
- After restoring your iPhone, set up your phone.
- Next, provide the password for the router to connect to the Wi-Fi and activate your phone.
- Thereafter, click the option Backup, to retrieve the deleted messages on your iPhone.
Now, check whether the deleted messages are restored on your iPhone or not. If by following the above-mentioned steps the messages are not retrieved to your phone, then follow the next method.
Method 3: Restoring the Deleted Texts with iCloud Recovery
You can also, recover the deleted SMS from iCloud recovery. Therefore, follow the below steps to recover the deleted messages with iCloud recovery:
- At first, open the Settings application and navigate to ‘your name’, where you will see the options Apple ID, iCloud, App Store & iTunes.
- Now, click on the arrow beside the above-mentioned options.
- After that, click on iCloud and navigate to ‘iCloud Backup’.
- Then, click on the ‘iCloud Backup’.
- Next, verify the last time when you last took a backup of the messages.
- Thereafter, open the Settings application and click on the General tab.
- After that, click on the option Reset and choose the option ‘All Content and Settings’.
- Then, select the second option which states ‘Erase Now’ to delete all the contents on your phone.
- Finally, choose the option ‘Restore from iCloud backup in the Apps & Data’ tab and go through the steps to recover the deleted messages.
Method 4: Retrieving the Deleted Messages from iCloud Website
You can recover the deleted messages from the iCloud website. Thus, go through the steps to retrieve the deleted messages from the iCloud website:
- At first, open a web browser on your phone and type ‘iCloud.com’ in the address bar.
- Then, log in to your account by providing the appropriate Apple ID and Password.
- After that, check the messages which you want to retrieve.
- Next, open the Settings and navigate to the place where you can see ‘your name’.
- Now, click on iCloud and disable the option Text Messages.
- Thereafter, you will get a pop up stating ‘Select: Keep on my iPhone’.
- Next, enable the option ‘Text Message’ and click on Merge and wait for a minute or two to recover the deleted messages.
Hence, by following the aforesaid messages you can easily recover the deleted messages on your iPhone. In this article, we have provided proper guidance on how to retrieve deleted text messages? While recovering the deleted messages, if you face any problem, then you can opt for an expert’s advice. Lastly, do not forget to share your experience in the comment section below.