If you are a Spotify user, then sometimes you might face some problems while using this Spotify application. One of the popular errors being “error code 3.” This problem mainly appears at the time when you log in with the Spotify account. This problem might also arise due to password error. Otherwise, the error might occur due to the confliction with VPN tools. There are various solutions that can help you to fix the issue. If you are dealing with Spotify error code 3 and looking for solutions to fix it, then this guide is for you. Here, in this article, we are going to provide you some effective solutions that can help you to fix your problem. So, let’s have a look at the upcoming part of the article to know the details on it.
Easy Fixes to Overcome Spotify Login Error Code 3:
Now, in this part of the article, we are going to discuss some of the easy and effective methods that can help you to fix the problem with Spotify login error code 3. Go through the steps that are written in the following part of the article and perform them as instructed. This will surely help you to get rid of this error.
Method 1: Reset the Spotify Password
The problem with Spotify error code 3 can get fixed by resetting the Spotify password. Listed below steps will help you to do so.
- At first, you need to move on to the official website of Spotify. Then, click on the Sign in option which is located at the top right corner of your computer screen.
- After that, click on the “Forgotten your password” option that you can find from the “Recover your password” section.
- Now, type your providing email ID and password in the appearing dialog box and click on the Next button.
- Thereafter, you will find that a confirmation window will appear on your screen. Now, check it and follow the onscreen instructions to set a new password. Then, verify if the problem is resolved completely or not.
Method 2: Utilize the Username Instead of an Email
The problem with Spotify login error code 3 might get resolved by using the username. You should follow the steps that are written in the following part of the article to perform this step.
- At first, login with your Spotify account.
- Then, move on to the Account overview tab. Here, you will get an entry that you can find under the Username and under Email.
- Remember both of the Username and Email and use it at the time of log in with your Spotify account.
Method 3: Uninstall the VPN Tool
If you failed to perform the methods from those described above, then you should try to uninstall the VPN tool. If the procedure is unknown to you, then follow the steps that are mentioned in the below part of this article.
- At first, move your cursor to the bottom of the left side of your computer screen and click on the Start button. Then, click on the Search bar and write down the Control Panel. After that, click on the named option from the appearing list of results. This will help you to open the Control Panel.
- Thereafter, go to the View by section which is located at the right side of the appearing window. Then, click on the arrow button which is situated next to the View by option and set it to Catagory.
- Then, click on the Uninstall a Program option. You can find this option under the Programs and Features section.
- If you are using the Settings option, then click on the Apps section. Thereafter, when you have entered in the list of installed applications, then from there, you should find out the VPN tool that you are using.
- After that, click on the name of your VPN tool and select the Uninstall Additionally option.
- Furthermore, you need to proceed with the next step by following the prompts that are instructed onscreen.
- Then, you have to delete everything that is related to the program which you have uninstalled from the File Explorer.
- Now, restart your computer. This will help you to save all the changes that you have made.
Uninstall the Driver
Sometimes, the drivers might remain in the system and might cause this Spotify error code 3. Thus, you need to uninstall the driver of the program. To do so, go through the steps described below:
- At first, go to the Start menu which is located at the bottom left corner of your computer screen.
- Then, write down Control Panel in the search bar and click on the named option from the appearing list of result,
- After that, click on the Hardware and Sound option, and click on the Device Manager option.
- Then, open the Mode which you can find next to the Network adapters. Thereafter, right click on the entry which is named similar to the installed program.
- Now, select the driver that you want to uninstall and right-click on it. Then, click on the Uninstall button.
Once you are done with the steps that we have mentioned in the above part of the article, now go to the Device Removal dialog box. Then, click on the OK button to uninstall the process. Now, restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 4: Change the Country Settings
If none of the steps from the earlier part of the article help to fix your problem with Spotify error code 3, then you should try to change the country settings. The steps that are described in the following part of the article will help you to do so.
- At first, try to log in with your Spotify account while using your username and password.
- Then, go to the Profile section and click on the Account option.
- Thereafter, click on the “Edit Profile” option which is located under the “Account Overview” tab.
- After that, modify the country location and choose the country that you are currently located.
After completing the steps, now click on the Save Profile option. Then, exit from your Spotify application and try to reopen it. Further, check if the problem gets resolved or not.
Hope that this article has helped you to fix your problem with Spotify error code 3. If you have any more question regarding this topic, then comment us down to the comment section. Further, you can also consult a professional to overcome this error without any hassle.