iTunes is an application that is created by Apple Inc. This application is a program that all of us use usually to play any kind of digital media such as music, videos etc. You can download any digital media from the ‘iTunes Store’ within the iTunes software itself. Also, you get a radio with the software from where you can even listen to songs. Although there are many good features, even then you can get many errors. One major issue that you can face is the iTunes install error.
This error can happen if the version of the application ‘Apple Software Update’ is incompatible or is obsolete. If iTunes installer becomes corrupted somehow then also it is possible for you to get this error. If some components are present in your system from the previous installation, even then you can encounter this issue. Also, if there is any conflicting error, then you can get this issue.
Efficient Methods To Resolve iTunes Install Error
If you are able to install the iTunes in your Windows 10 Operating System, do not worry. Follow these steps below to solve this error in an efficient manner.
Resolve ‘Windows Installer Package Error’
When the iTunes does not install on your Windows 10 machine then you can get the ‘Windows Installer Package Error’. The main reason for this error is an outdated version of the ‘Apple Software Update’ program. The solutions to solve this issue will be as follows.
- First, go to the ‘Control Panel’ then within it choose the section ‘Programs’.
- In that section, select the ‘Program & Features’ and locate ‘Apple Software Update’ program.
- After that, right-click on it and choose ‘Repair’ to do the same.
- When the repair process is complete then check if the iTunes program is working or not.
- If it is not working then first uninstall the software and then install the software again.
Fix iTunes Error 7 or Windows Error 193 When Try You Install iTunes Software on Windows 10
You can get iTunes error 7 or Windows error 193 during the installation of the iTunes software. Follow these steps to get resolve the problem right away.
- First, go to the location ‘C:\Windows\System32’.
- Find the files and put them into the ‘Recycle Bin’: ‘msvcp100.dll’, ‘msvcp120.dll’, ‘msvcp140.dll’, ‘msvcr100.dll’, ‘msvcr120.dll’, ‘vcruntime140.dll’
- After these files are put into the ‘Recycle Bin’, go to ‘Control Panel’ and repair both the installed versions i.e. 64 and 32-bit of the program ‘Apple Application Support’.
- Finally, open the iTunes application and if you see the error ‘iTunes error 7’ and the application cannot be opened then reinstall the iTunes application.
iTunes Cannot Install Due To ‘Apple Application Support Was Not Found’ Error
If the iTunes application cannot able to install on Windows 10 OS for the error ‘Apple application support was not found’ then, you can resolve the error with following the steps below.
- First, go to ‘Control Panel’. Look for ‘User Accounts’ and select the link ‘Change account type’. Now, in ‘Manage Accounts’, select the main user of the machine. In the ‘Change An Account’ window, select the link ‘Change the account type’. If you are the sole user of your machine then the ‘Administrator’ button should already be selected and if not then select it.
- Then go to the settings, find and select the option ‘Update & Security’. Then in the section ‘Windows Update’ select ‘Update’ button to do the same.
- Find the installer executable file in the iTunesSetup folder. Now, right click on the installer file and choose to ‘repair’ the program.
- Move all the leftover components from the previous installation to ‘Recycle Bin’.
- Stop any antivirus software that can create any clash between the iTunes program and the Apple server.