Acer Chromebook is one of the most popular laptop series in the recent digital market. However, despite being a popular one, it is not free from technical flaws. As a result,if you are a Acer user, then you can notice that Acer Chromebook not charging. This problem occurs without any prior notice. You may notice that the device fails to gain full charge even after you connect it through secure cables and charger. If you are already facing this error and want to know how to resolve it, then you follow this article till the end. It consists of several guidelines to resolve this particular bug. But, before going on to that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes due to which you can encountering this kind of errors.
Why Acer Chromebook Not Charging Occurs?
Due to several reasons, you can encounter Acer Chromebook battery not charging error on your device. For instance-
- Firstly, you can come across this error, if you are using an outdated version of battery driver.
- If the Chrome OS crashes, then also you can encounter this type of errors.
- In some cases, if you are using a glitched AC adapter, then this problem arises.
Well, once you are able to understand the causes, now, let’s focus on the solutions part.
Fix Acer Chromebook Not Charging Error
Here are some easy fixes, using which, you will be able to fix the bug with ease.
Method 1: Perform a Hard Reset
You can also perform a hard reset, in order to resolve the matter on your own. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, turn Off the Chromebook.
- Now, remove the battery and put them back again.
- Once done, turn On the Chromebook again.
After performing these steps, try to check the status of the error. If it persists, then try to follow the steps mentioned below.
Method 2: Charge Chromebook in Recovery Mode
In case, you are unable to charge your Chromebook, then you can charge your Chromebook using the steps mentioned below.
- At first, try to put your Chromebook in Recovery mode. In that case, first, you have to turn Off your Chromebook. After that, press and hold the Esc + Refresh as well as the Power button, at the same time. In this way, you will be able to put the device in Recovery mode.
- Now, put the Chromebook on charging and close the lid of it.
- Charge your computer until the battery shows a full charged icon. You will be able to inspect it, using the battery indicator.
- After completing the charging process, you have to restart your device. If the error persists, then you can follow the next method.
Method 3: Reconnect the AC Adapter
You can also reconnect the AC adapter to resolve this particular issue on your own. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, turn your laptop Off.
- After that, unplug the AC adapter, as well as, the battery from your laptop.
- Once done, try to press and hold the power button for some time and then, release it.
- Once done, try to reconnect your battery as well as the AC adapter to your laptop.
- After these steps, you have to switch On your laptop and check whether the battery starts charging or not.
In this way, you will be able to resolve the matter. If the error persists, then follow the alternative method provided below.
Method 4: Plug the Computer Directly to the Wall Socket
If you are unable to charge the laptop, even after using the previous steps, then you try plugging it directly to the wall socket. In case, you are using a surge protector, then try to remove the protector and charge your laptop again.
Method 5: Switch the AC Adapter
You can also encounter this particular error if the AC adapter is damaged. You can change the AC adapter and check whether the technical glitch exists or not. However, if the Ac adapter is not damaged, then you can also perform the next method, mentioned below.
Method 6: Check the Battery Status
If none of the above methods are able to help you, then you need to check the battery status. Further, replace it if necessary. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To know the battery status of your computer, at first, you have to the Start menu. In that case, Press Ctrl+Alt+T, at the same time, to open the terminal Window.
- In the terminal window, try to enter the following command and hit Enter to continue: ‘Which is battery_test’.
- Here, you will be able to see the health details of the battery.
- Once done, if you notice that the health of the battery is not stable, then try to change the battery.
Using this method, you will be able to resolve this particular error on your own.
Hopefully, using these troubleshooting hacks, you will be able to resolve this Acer Chromebook not charging on your own. Try to follow each and every step carefully. It is recommended not to jump any of the steps. Otherwise, any wrong step can lead to further damage. If you encounter any kind of hazard while performing the step, then you can share your experience in the comment section below.