iCloud securely stores your photos, videos, documents, music, apps, and much more can be added to this list. It basically helps to keep them updated across all your devices. You have to use the same email ID in the iCloud account, which you use to log in to your Apple ID. So, if you want to log in to your iCloud account from your iOS device, you have to use the iCould account and password. Additionally, the iCloud password protects all the personal files on your device. However, most of the users have encountered a specific problem, when they try to reset the iCloud password. So, if you are one of them, then do not panic. Hence, in this article, we are going to talk about some possible ways to reset iCloud password.
Why do you Need to Reset Password for iCloud?
Generally, your iCloud password protects the privacy of all information, such as your email, documents etc, stored in iCloud. Your password helps to locate all these files across all iOS supported devices. Now, there is a huge chance to forget the password. In addition, you may also need to change the iCloud password in case it gets vulnerable.
Thus, if you ever encounter ‘forgot iCloud password’ issue or need to click on ‘I forgot my iCloud password’ link, then go through the next section.
Probable Ways to Reset iCloud Password
Due to some reasons, you might forget your password for the iCloud account. So, you have to reset your iCloud password as soon as possible. To know how to reset iCloud password follow the instructions mentioned below:
Way #1: Reset Apple ID Password on iPhone/iPad
When you forget Apple ID password, you can easily reset or change the iCloud password on iPhone/iPad. Here is how to do that.
- Open Settings menu on iPhone/iPad.
- If you are signed in with your iCloud account, tap your Apple ID > Password & Security > Change password and set a new password.
- If you don’t have an iCloud account on your device, then tap on Settings and then, Sign in to your iPhone. Thus, you can reset the Apple ID password.
Way #2: Reset the iCloud Password Using Recovery Email
Apple ID account helps you to do an iCloud password reset, through a restricted security process. To reset the iCloud password with recovery email, go through the steps one by one:
- First of all, open the account page and tap on ‘Forgot password’.
- After that, click on the ‘Reset your password’ option and select ‘Continue’.
- Now, tap on ‘Get an email’ option.
- Then, Apple will send you a password reset email to your email ID, with a link to reset your password.
- Next, tap on the ‘Click on’ option and write down a new password there.
- Open your account and now, you can reset your iCloud password successfully.
Way #3: Recover the iCloud Password through the Security Questions
If you forget the iCloud password and don’t have the access to the Email account, you can retrieve the lost password by answering the security questions. Let’s have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- At first, go to your Apple account and tap on the ‘Forgot password’ option.
- Then, type your account ID. If you are unable to remember it, try to follow the next steps.
- Choose the ‘Reset your password’ option and tap on ‘Continue’.
- Now, click on ‘Answer security questions’ to reset your iCloud password.
- After that, type your date of birth. After that, you need to answer two security questions. Give the correct answers and you will be prompted to the Reset Password page.
- Then, write the new password there and open your account.
- Lastly, check if the issue persists or not. If you can not fix it, then head over to the next process.
Way #4: Reset the iCloud Password with Two-factor Authentication
Generally, two-factory authentification, the security process on iOS devices can help to retrieve the lost password. In this case, you need to enable this two-factor authentication to helps you to reset iCloud password.
- Go to your Apple account site and tap on ‘Forgot password’.
- After that, type your Apple ID and click on ‘forgot iCloud password’.
- Now, select ‘Reset your password’ and hit the ‘Continue’ option.
- Next, select ‘Two-factor authentication’.
- Then, write your mobile number there and press ‘Continue’.
- Now, select a trusted phone number and you will get an authentication code for the iOS device.
- After that, you go to the ‘System preference’ folder and then ‘iCloud’.
- Select ‘Reset Password’ and type your new password. Finally, you are ready to use the iCloud account.
Thus, by following the methods as discussed above, you can easily reset iCloud password. If you usually forget the Apple ID, we suggest you, to write down the Apple ID or password and keep them private. If you face any issue while opening your iCloud account, then place your queries in the comment section. Also, you can follow our official website for more tech-related articles.