HP printers are always a demanding product in the market for their eye-catching print quality, amazing features, and cheap price. From All-in-one multifunction inkjet printer to LED printer, HP has shown their capability by producing different types of excellent quality printers over the years. Some time due to technical error or for other reasons, the users need to reset their printer to solve the problem. If the user is completely new to the printer setup, then the process of resetting the desktop can become a little bit complicated for them. That’s why we are here today to solve your query about how to reset the HP printer? So, go through the rest of the article to successfully conduct the reset in your printer
Why do We Need to Reset HP Printer?
In the various situation, a user needs to reset their HP printer. Some of them are:
- Resetting the password is the best way to solve the minor error problem such as 0xC19A0003, c05d0082 and many more. In 7 out of 10 error codes solution guide, you will get reset HP printer option as an effective solution.
- If you buy a second-hand printer from another user, then it is possible that the previous owner has forgotten to clear the setting. So performing a factory reset will clear all the changes made by the previous owner.
- Sometimes, when you buy a new computer or update your device operating system, your printer stop working with the current device. At that time, we also need to reconfigure the printer to work with your new and updated device.
Comprehensive Methods to Reset HP Printer:
Well, in general, every model of HP printer comes with only one way to reset the settings. But if the users are facing problem to perform the Reset in the normal way, then he can take the help of the printer to reset without the help of its Control panel. Today we will talk about all the available reset procedure of the HP printer. So choose the appropriate method, according to your situation:
Method 1: Restoring to Factory Setting
The steps to perform factory reset HP printer can vary from model to model. So, it can be possible that the below mentioned steps may not match from your printer’s Control panel. In this case, we will recommend you to take the help of the user’s manual to understand this process.
- At first, press the Menu button on the front console of your HP printer
- Then, use the up and down arrow of the console to select the “Preferences” option. If you weren’t able to find the Preferences option, then you can select Reset All Menu Settings or select Tools followed by Restore Factory Defaults.
- Next, choose the Restore Defaults option and select Ok to start the automatic restore process.
Now, simply wait patiently and let the printer do its job. Once the printer settings return to factory mode, the printing device will inform you with some sort of indicator light.
Method 2: Hard Reset
Now, in some cases, the users are not able to use the Control panel because it’s not working anymore. So, in this case, you have no other choice except performing a hard reset. In other words, it’s mean you have to force your printer reset even it doesn’t take any Control panel’s commands, then here is the process of how you can perform a hard reset:
- At first, make sure your printing device is On and disconnect the USB cable from the back of the printer.
- Once it is done, open the cover of your printer and remove the ink cartridges from it.
- After that, close your printer cover and wait until “Ink Cartridges Missing” message display in the device.
- Now, disconnect the power cord from the back of your printer and wait for a few minutes.
- After sometimes, reconnect the power cord to your printer. When you do that, the indicator of the power button will start glowing but if the printer doesn’t get the power back automatically, then press the Power button.
- Now open the cover of your printer and reinsert the ink cartridges.
- After following the above steps, close the cover and reconnect the USB cable back to your printer.
If you perform the whole steps correctly, then your printer will be reset without the need of Control panel.
Method 3: Reset Printer Driver With the help of Computer
To change the printer driver defaults for the currently logged in user, you have to open home screen of the computer which is currently connected with the printer. Then, select its Setting section. Now, click on the Printers and Fax option to open a new window. Once the new window opens, you will see the available printer device option. Just right-click on the appropriate printing device and select the Printing Preferences. After that, just make the changes according to your needs.
But if you want to change the printer driver defaults for all users and for network users connecting to the shared printer, then open the Printers and Fax window in the same way you have done above. Now, right-click on the available printer device but this time choose Properties. Next, select the Advanced tab option from the current window and click on the Printing Default button. Once you do that, you will get a new window where you can make changes according to your liking.
Wrap it Up
Hope this article able to solve your query related to how to reset the HP printer. But if you fail to factory reset HP printer following the above methods, then without a second thought, go to the service center to diagnosis the whole printer accurately. Also, you can contact an expert for better guidance.