Firefox is one of the most trusted web browser used by millions of users all over the world. When you change any settings in your browser, install add-ons or build up history, the browser usually slows down and become problematic. Firefox is not an exception. If you find any disruptions in your Mozilla Firefox browser such as, its homepage changes without permission or you find that any search result appears in your search engine which you have not done, then, it’s time that you have to reset Firefox to default settings.
Impact That Occurs After Resetting Your Firefox Browser Settings:
When you reset Firefox to its default factory settings, it’s best to back up the bookmarks of your Firefox browser beforehand because it might delete your essential information like the Open Tabs and Bookmarks. Some changes which you will notice after resetting your browser settings to default are listed below:
- Both the saved search engine and the default search engines will be reset and back to their original defaults.
- The settings of the content will be erased and will reset to their installation defaults.
- The URL set by you previously will be removed.
- The Homepage button will be hidden.
- The Pinned tabs will become unpinned.
- It will clear all the cookies and data in the site.
- The default startup tabs will be deleted and you will get to see a new tab as soon as you open a new tab in your browser.
- The themes and extensions will be disabled.
Essential Steps To Follow To Reset Your Firefox To Default Settings:
If there occurs a problem in your Firefox browser and you don’t know “how to reset Firefox?”, then don’t worry, We have provided you with the essential steps that you can follow to reset your Firefox browser to its default settings:
- Scroll at the top right of your Firefox browser window.
- Then, click on the icon which looks like three- stacked lines.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Choose the question-mark icon from there.
- From the Slide-out Menu, select the option “Troubleshooting information.”
- Then, go to the top-right of your new Web page.
- Select the button” Reset Firefox” from there. You will get a confirmation pop-up window.
- In that box, select the option “Reset Firefox.”
The above steps will surely help you out in reverting back to Firefox settings. But if you are unable to reset Firefox by following the above methods, then you should take a professional’s assistance for resetting your Firefox settings back to default.