Nowadays, hackers are using branded new technologies to infiltrate our systems. One of these techniques is the Zeus virus. There are lots of users who have faced this message “Windows detected ZEUS virus alert” while they are searching on a web browser.
This virus has the capacity that it will encourage you to go through the next steps inviting malicious software to your system. Hence, you need not act accordingly with the on-screen instructions.
Just keep calm whenever you see the message and follow this article on how to remove the Zeus virus from your system. Firstly, let’s understand what this Zeus virus is.
About Zeus Virus:
So, what’s this Zeus virus is all about? You will be surprised to know that there is no such virus out there. It’s a fake name to threaten the users on browsers currently so that the users follow the on-screen prompts to invite the access of hackers to the system. This is too dangerous.
Yes, there is a possibility that your system got an infection from any malware or adware. This happens frequently whenever you are surfing online. But you need not panic and act accordingly to remove that malware, adware from your browser and system, as well.
You need not call the support number that they provide on the browser. We strongly recommend you not to place a call to them.
Top Tips on How to Remove Zeus Virus:
Basically, we need to remove that particular malware or adware from our system so that we don’t face such an alert message anymore. We have provided some effective measures to eradicate this problem. And we do recommend you search carefully using your web browser.
Please don’t click on suspicious links on the web browser to avoid such circumstances. This is because hackers are everywhere to steal your precious data.
Step 1: Remove Programs Using Control Panel
There are numerous steps that you need to follow to fix this problem. But we recommend you to go for each step to get a clean system. Here, we will erase malicious programs from the system using the Control Panel.
Let’s continue with the steps on how to remove the Zeus virus on Windows 10/8/7 or other versions.
- Go to the Search option on the Taskbar.
- Fill it with Control Panel to launch the Control Panel.
- Click beside the View by option.
- Choose Uninstall a Program under the section of Programs.
- Look for if there is any suspicious malware or malicious software.
- If yes, then right-click on them and go for Uninstall.
After you complete these steps, restart your system. Now, please move to the next step.
Step 2: Scan Using Windows Defender
This step can’t be skipped or missed when it comes to malware or adware issues. That’s why we have arranged the full process with small steps to ease the process.
- Go to the Search section on your system. You can also press Win+S simultaneously to launch the Search bar.
- Fill it with Windows Defender. Click on the Windows Defender or Windows Defender Security Center from the results.
- Go for Virus and Threat Protection. Choose “Run a new advanced scan” link.
- Select Windows Defender Offline Scan.
- You should save all the changes in your files as your system is going to restart.
- When it is done, choose Scan Now option.
Now, proceed to the next step when you have completed this step.
Step 3: Eliminate Adware and Threats
By now, you have uninstalled all the malicious software from your system. Additionally, you have also scanned your system using Windows Defender. But sometimes, Windows Defender can’t play powerful action to strong malware. Therefore, you have to rely on third-party antivirus. You can get any antivirus of your own choice.
Third-party antiviruses are strong enough to provide you security against such malware, spyware or adware. Run a full system scan using one of these antiviruses and secure your computer from browser hijackers.
Step 4: Resetting your Web Browser
Most probably, you are able to eliminate malware from your system. But we strongly advise you to reconfigure the settings of your web browser.
Malware can attack your system every now and then if there is any kind og negligence in the settings of the browser. So make sure that you complete this step to prohibit the entry of such malware or adware to your system.
We have considered the three most used web browsers, worldwide. And don’t forget to clear all cache as the cache can redirect you to such a page stating “Windows detected Zeus virus”.
For Microsoft Edge:
This browser comes by default with the Windows operating system. So, we have considered it first.
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Go to the three horizontal lines(menu) at the top-right corner of the screen. Click on it.
- Go to “What to Clear” option under the section of Clear Browsing Data.
- Check all the boxes. Then, select Clear.
When you complete these steps, restart or reload your Microsoft Edge.
For Google Chrome:
Most of us consider Google Chrome to browse for anything and it is safer than other browsers as per security policy by Google LLC. Open your Google Chrome and follow the steps.
- Go to More Options icon of Chrome. You can easily figure out more options at the top-right corner of Chrome indicated with three dots or horizontal lines.
- Choose Settings from the options.
- Click on Advanced.
- Now, head towards Reset and Cleanup section. Click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option.
- Choose Reset.
Refresh your browser.
For Mozilla Firefox:
Similarly, open the Mozilla Firefox browser. Then proceed to the following steps. It is advised to remove all the caches.
- Click on the three horizontal lines or dots to expand the Menu icon.
- Select Help from the drop-down list.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information.
Refresh the browser.
You can also uninstall and then reinstall the web browser if the virus-alert still persists.
Hopefully, these hacks can save you from the fake Zeus. If you have any queries, then feel free to communicate with us. Use the comments section to share your problems. You can also share your opinion on how to remove the Zeus virus.