If you are looking to find out how to remove virus from PC, then this is going to be the right article for that.
Now, viruses are some of the most annoying things that you can get on your computer. And if one of these attacks your computer system then that can cause a whole lot of problems.
And if you have found yourself in a similar situation, then do not worry. As you will be able to identify the virus and fix any issue with it by yourself.
The instructions in this article are going to help you do so. Further, you will then be able to properly use your computer all over again.
Issues that a Virus Attack can Cause in your Computer System
A computer virus is nothing but a set of codes that replicate by itself and latch onto functional programs. And as that happens it is going to wreak havoc throughout the different programs on your computer.
These can be of various types and have a lot of different working protocols. But the prime fact is that any of these can cause a lot of damage.
Here are some of the most common issues that you are going to face during a virus attack.
- Programs will stop working: Any of the programs that you had running in the system will either stop working or not work properly. And as that happens, keep in mind that the programs are getting damaged through the process.
- Data breach: In a lot of cases, some virus attacks try deliberately to leak data out of your computer system. This can be a real problem if you have lots of vital data in your system.
- Poor system performance: The virus can corrupt a lot of system files which can really slow down your computer.
And these are the main things that can happen as a result of a virus attack on your computer system. There are a lot of other things that can happen but no need to worry, as virus attacks of that proportion happens in case of big server systems.
So, if you want to avoid all the issues that we have mentioned above, then you will have to remove virus from PC.
How to Remove Virus from PC in a Few Easy Steps
In this section, we have listed all the solutions that you are going to help you deal with virus issues. And after applying the methods that we have listed, your computer is going to work as good as new.
If you know the exact cause of the issue in your case, then applying the solutions will be much easier for you. But if you do not have that information, then applying the solutions one after the other will suffice.
Use Windows from Safe Mode
Using Safe Mode can be a great option to tackle virus issues and the system components are going to be safe as well. If this is what you want to do, then follow these steps to make that happen.
- Shut down your computer first, and then as you turn it back on.
- As your computer system is booting, repeatedly press the f8 key.
- That is going to launch the Advanced Boot Options section.
- Look for the Safe Mode option and select it as you find it to start your computer in Safe Mode.
- After that, look for the Networking option and select it as well, and finish by pressing the Enter key.
Make sure that you have not connected to the internet network while you are doing any of this. And after starting your virus ridden computer system in Safe Mode, you will be able to carry out the basic operations without any direct damage to the system.
Remove any Temporary Files
As you have the basic access to your computer through the Safe Mode of Windows you will be able to take steps towards fixing the problem at hand.
Let’s start by removing all the corrupt temporary files that are there in the system.
- Click to open up the Start menu of Windows and select the All Programs section.
- Now, look for the Accessories option in that window and go to the System Tools section.
- There, you are going to find the Disk Cleanup option to start removing the temporary files.
- You will get a list of all the temporary files present in the system.
- Select the ones that you want to delete and after you have made the selection, click on the Delete option.
Wait till the process of deleting all those temporary files you have in your system accomplish. As you do that, you should restart the system to check for the virus.
If you can get an antivirus program in your computer system, then you will be able to fix these things much easily.
As far as which antivirus software to use, you can use any of the top ones available in the market. And you can get plenty of benefits from those. Further, it will help you do away with the viruses in your computer system.
Just maintain some caution as you are setting up the antivirus software for usage. As misconfiguration in the settings can other problems for you, especially the firewall, which can block off a lot of other programs.
So, now you know how to remove virus from PC and thus, you will be able to recover your computer. But as this issue is not among the simplest ones that you can come across, it would be very normal, and very likely of you to have other questions regarding this.
In that case, you can post your questions in the comments section of this article. Many people engage in related technical discussions in that section and they will be able to clarify your doubts. For articles similar to this one, you can check out other sections of our website.