Is the web browser getting freeze without any reason? Are you receiving unexpected pop-ups? Then it can be due to malicious software.
Have you heard about Malware? It is the prime reason behind these system instabilities. It is a type of malicious program that always tries to affect mobile devices or computers.
A Trojan is a well-known malware that is disguised in the form of a legitimate program. It is employed by hackers or cyber thieves to gain access of the system.
Once the Trojan program gets activated on your computer, it enables cyber hackers to steal essential data and gain backdoor access. Such actions include copying, modifying, blocking, and deleting essential data.
Hence, if you want to know the procedure for Trojan virus removal then this article is what you need. Hence, you can have a quick look at the guide discussed below. So, let’s begin.
What are the Symptoms of Trojan Virus Infection?
Let’s have a look at the signs you may face whenever a Trojan virus enters your PC:
- The web browser starts to freeze and hang repeatedly. Sometimes, it may also become unresponsive.
- The homepage of the browser may be changed without your permission.
- The PC starts to respond slower than normal.
- You may become unable to open the Command Prompt, Registry Editor, Task Manager, or Control Panel.
Remove Trojan Virus with Easy Tricks
Here are certain hacks that can help you to eliminate the Trojan virus from the PC. Perform the hacks stated below.
Windows users need to follow these steps to eliminate the Trojan virus from the PC:
- First and foremost, bring up the Start menu.
- Afterward, type “windows defender” in the search bar and hit the Enter key to open the Windows Defender Security Center.
- Tap on the ‘Virus & Threat Protection’ section. Tap on the Advanced Scan button. It will open some scanning options on the next page.
- Tick the ‘Full scan’ box at the top of the scanning results.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Scan now’ button. Now, Windows Defender will start to scan the entire system for viruses or malware.
Wait for a few seconds until it completes the scanning procedure. If Windows Defender detects any threats, then it will remove that from the computer automatically.
Reset the Browser to its Default Settings:
If the above procedures failed to eliminate the Trojan virus, then you can reset the browser settings to their original defaults to get rid of this virus. Here we are going to discuss the resettings process for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge.
How to Reset the Google Chrome Browser?
- First of all, open the Chrome browser and tap on the Menu icon. Click on the Advanced button.
- Next, tap on the ‘Reset settings to their original defaults’ option by going to the ‘Reset and clean up’ section.
- Tap on the ‘Reset Settings’ button from the confirmation box to initiate the resettings process.
How to Reset the Mozilla Firefox Browser?
- First of all, launch the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Then, open the Firefox Menu.
- Choose the ‘Help’ option from the drop-down list.
- Tap on the ‘Troubleshooting Information’ option from the Help menu.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Refresh Firefox’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Refresh Firefox’ option from the confirmation window.
- Now, it will close the Firefox window automatically and it will revert to the default settings.
- Once the process completes, tap on the Finish button to complete the process.
How to Reset the Internet Explorer?
- Right at the beginning, launch Internet Explorer and tap on the menu (gear-shaped) icon.
- Now, choose the “Internet Options” from the list.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and tap on the Reset button.
- It will navigate you to the ‘Reset Internet Explorer Settings’ section. Check the ‘Delete Personal Settings’ box. Click on the Reset option.
- Once the Internet Explorer completes the resetting process, tap on the Close button from the pop-up box.
Now, check if the Trojan virus has been eliminated from the PC.
In the above guide, we have provided the easiest methods to remove the Trojan virus from the computer. All the methods are foolproof and quite easy to perform. But still, if you have any problem or queries, then you can share that through the comment section.