Pup Malware or Potentially unwanted program indicates all those files that can cause cyberthreats. Trojans, viruses, adware, malware are few of the examples of such files that are present on the internet. They are the favorite tools of hackers through which they navigate their cyber activities.
Whenever you browse the internet and click on different links to check videos, movies or download any particular file, this pup malware gets downloaded into your computer with freeware software.
You can find out this pup malware in the form of advertisements in search engines or in your daily used browser. These files need to be removed from your system as soon as possible for your security and privacy.
Things You Must Be Aware of Pup Malware
There are some signs through which you can recognize these unwanted files in your system:
- You can find unrelated advertisements in places where they should not be present.
- There will be abrupt changes in your web browser’s homepage.
- Not getting the proper display of the web pages you visit.
- You are redirected to the other website links that you did not expect.
- Getting several recommended fake updates or pop-ups.
- Unwanted programs get downloaded in your system automatically.
Make sure you pay attention to all these points if you want to protect your system from pup malware.
Effective Ways to Remove Pup Malware from Your System
By using some manual steps you can remove pup malware from your system, If you want to know how to get rid of Pup malware then check out below mentioned steps.
1. Remove Malware From Control Panel
If you want to protect your system from these unwanted files then check your control panel and delete all unwanted files. Let’s look at the steps-
- First, press the Windows key from your keyboard, type Control Panel in the search box and then press Enter.
- Click on Uninstall a program link under Programs.
- Now find out the suspicious files or Pup from the installed program lists and right-click on them.
- Click on Uninstall and remove them from your system.
2. Delete Pup Malware From Google Chrome
Due to Pup malware, you can see abrupt changes in the Google Chrome browser settings. In this case, you must reset the browser and try to remove this malware. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do so.
- Open your browser and click on the three dots at the top right corner of the window.
- Select More Tools from the main menu and then press Extensions.
- Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy from the installed extensions lists.
- Open the Chrome menu again and click on Settings>Advanced link>Reset button.
- Click on the Reset button again and complete the process.
3. Remove Pup Malware From Internet Explorer
Reset is the best option to detect any kind of malware without hampering your browser settings. So, if your system is infected with Pup malware and you are an IE user, then reset this browser.
- Click on the Windows logo key, type Internet Explorer and hit Enter.
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet options under the Advanced tab.
- Press the Reset button.
- Once you see Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box click Delete personal settings checkbox and press the Reset button.
- Restart your system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
4. Eliminate Pup Malware From Mozilla Firefox
If Pup malware hijacks your firefox then reset can help you to fix this issue. Let’s check out how to reset the firefox.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu button from the top right corner.
- Click on the question-mark icon at the bottom and get the slide-out menu.
- Choose the Troubleshooting information option and click the Refresh Firefox button.
- Select Refresh Firefox in the confirmation prompt.
- Firefox will start fixing the issue now and once the process is complete click on the Finish button.
5. Erase Pup Malware Automatically
Apart from these manual steps, you can remove Pup malware by using malware detection tools. These tools will help you to detect all unwanted programs on your system automatically. Only you have to install this software to your system and run the scan. The rest will be taken care of by these tools.