The internet has brought to us a high degree of connectivity and thus, has had an impact on our lives. It has done a lot, from making tasks easier to create new jobs and everything in between. But with that, it has brought a lot of perils as well, the most common of which is computer viruses. This has become more of a threat than ever before due to the ubiquitous nature of the internet. The Net-Worm.Win32.Kido is quite a notorious virus program and if this has gotten into your system, then the first thing you have to do for that is to remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido as fast as possible.
You need proper technical instructions to do this and that is exactly what you will get here, in this article. You will find out how to remove Net-worm.win32.kido and with that, it will be very easy for you to do it.
Why Remove Net-worm.win32.kido?
If there is a virus infestation in your computer system, then the first concern on your part will be to get rid of that. So, that you will be able to minimize any kind of damage that it might inflict to your computer system. And also, to maintain the proper functioning and security of the system.
But, since this process can be relatively complicated, so the best thing to do will be to find out what the problem actually is. That way, you will be able to avoid all the different adverse effects that might come your way.
This is what we have covered in this section of the article. Where you will find out about what this virus is and how it can affect the system.
This virus is a part of the dreaded Conficker group of computer worms and as such can be very problematic. And as for this one, a variant of the Kido viruses can be quite a threat to the data and security.
This can infect your computer mainly through any weak section within a server service. This is the case for the Windows operating systems and can wreak real havoc once it sets in. Basically, this computer virus forces the server to download it there. The file is a ‘.dll’ file and that is how it infiltrates into the system.
From there, it can spread into the different devices that you might attach to your computer. The worst part of this is that, the Net-Worm.Win32.Kido makes a lot of changes to the Windows registry. If you are somewhat familiar with this technology, then you will know that any change in the Windows Registry can spiral out into lots and lots of different technical issues.
The Main Symptoms
The main symptoms that you will come across for which you will need to remove Net-Worm.Win32.Kido are these –
- Not getting access to any of the security websites.
- No Windows updates, at least for the time being.
- All kinds of internet problems.
- No access to the user accounts.
- Network congestion for the computer.
- Antivirus will switch off.
And, there are other symptoms as well, where you can see that this totally holds down the computer system.
How to Remove Net-worm.win32.kido: The Step by Step Solutions
Now, that you know all the consequences that you might face if this virus gets into your computer system. Let us now look at how you can remove Net-worm.win32.kido from your computer –
Install the Security Patches to Counter the Net-worm.win32.kido
This is the first thing that you need to do if the Net-worm.win32.kido is there in your system. To do that, here are the steps you need to take –
- You will have to download all the different security patches at first. Download the MS08-068, MS08-067 and the MS09-001 for this particular task.
- Then, download a security tool to further help the job.
- Open up the Run command box, by pressing the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- In that dialogue box, type in explorer.exe and then click on the OK button.
- Deploy the tool that you have downloaded from the directory.
- Finally, put in С:\kk.exe – a, in that window and then hit the Enter key.
This will deactivate any of the automatically running applications. Thus, will save your computer from the virus attack.
Manually get rid of this Virus
This is arguably the most effective way to deal with the Net-worm.win32.kido virus. And so, to manually remove this from your computer, here are the things you need to do –
- This virus mainly affects the system through removable drives for storage. So, make the system files for that visible from the folder alternatives.
- You will be able to see the two files, Recycle and the autorun.inf files. Choose these two by going to the Properties option and in that, the Security tab.
- Then, you will have to allow control to the user. In case, you can not do that directly, then go to the Advanced tab inside the Security column.
- Change the owner of that and then apply those settings.
- Then, after you have done that, select the files that are there and then, press on the Shift, and the Delete buttons together.
- Finally, scan your computer, which will solve this issue completely.
This is the process to manually remove Net-worm.win32.kido from your computer.
Using any of these two methods, whichever one works for you. It will help you get rid of this dangerous computer virus. Thus, your computer will start working again properly.
In case there is some kind of loss of data, then you can go for the backups. Or else, you need to go for data recovery.
Other than that, there will not be any long term damage to your computer. So, once you get rid of the virus, it will be back to normal once again.