Often, you might note the msffedssync.exe file in the “C:\Windows\System32” folder. The basic query that may arise: whether msffedssync.exe is a virus? Is it harmful?
No, the extension is not at all harmful, being a legitimate part of Internet Explorer. But, cybercriminals are using the name to disguise a malicious process that is indeed harmful.
Primarily, this file gets into the device at the time of installing any unsecured program. You may note that the system starts malfunctioning as soon as you start it. The msfeedssync virus can infect the files on the computer.
Besides that, these viruses are not easily detectable and have the ability to steal banking information, passwords. You may also fall prey to identity theft. In case, you find this extension in the Task Manager, simply remove it, this article can assist you.
8 Workarounds to Remove the Msfeedssync.exe Virus from Windows 10
There almost 9 total fixes which will help you to remove the error. Follow the below-mentioned methods carefully and you will be able to fix the issue.
Method 1: Repair the Registry Entries associated With the Internet explorer
If you want to remove the msfeedsssync.exe virus from Windows then you have to follow these below-mentioned steps.
- First, you have to click on the “Windows” key.
- Wite “Regedit” in the search box and hit the “Enter” button.
- You will find the “Registry Editor” after hitting the Enter button.
- Then, search for the “ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer” director and open the file.
- Now, you have to click any of the folder that in under the Registry settings.
- In order to edit the settings, you have to double click on it and enter a new value.
After changing the registry entries, try to scan the system files to ensure the fact that the virus is eliminated.
Method 2: Perform a full Computer Malware Scan
There are some general steps to scan the Windows system and to remove the malware from the PC or Laptop. And you can apply these methods on Windows 10, 8 and on Windows 7 as well. And for that,
- You have to download any Malicious Software Removal Tool.
- Then, you have to run the program in the Windows system.
- The Malware Removal tool will automatically detect the malware in the device and will help you to protect the device by eliminating it.
- Next, you have to upgrade the antivirus or anti-malware program which you have installed on the computer.
Lastly, you have to complete the process by running a complete virus scan.
Method 3: Clean the System Junks
If you want to clean out the junk files in the Windows system, you have to follow these easy steps.
- Go to the Start button and write the “ Disk cleanup tool” in the search box.
- Next, click on the “Disk cleanup tool” from the search results.
- After clicking on the option, the process of cleaning up the junk will start automatically.
- You need to keep patience as it might take a few minutes to complete the detection process.
- After that, a new window will open where you will receive a list of files that are needed to remove from the device.
- Select those files and remove the files from the Windows system.
Method 4: Upgrade the Computer’s Device Drivers
You should keep the system updated as the new Windows patch comes along with extensive features to protect the system files. In order to update the device drivers you have to follow these steps:
- First, you have to go to the Start button.
- Write “Device Manager” in the search box and click on the Device Manager option from the searched results.
- Next, you have to double click on the devices that you want to update and right-click on to select the “Update Driver” option.
Look for the Automatic Update Software option and toggle it On. Thus, whenever an update for the device driver is available, the files will get installed automatically.
Method 5: Restore the Windows system
Before you opt for the System Restore option, make sure that you have saved all the files and critical folders as a backup. You have to close all the windows to start the process.
In order to alter the settings to its default type, you have to go through the following steps:
- First, you have to go to the Start button.
- Go to the “All Programs” section and from there, select the “Accessories” option.
- Next, go to the System Tools section. You will find a “System Restore” tab.
- From the System Restore tab, choose the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option.
- Next, you have to choose the last created restore point which was working without any glitch.
Restart the system to check whether the changes were incorporated and the virus is removed as well.
Method 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Internet Explorer
Msfeedssync.exe is linked with Internet Explorer and is designed to sync the RSS feeds. If you detect any unwanted activities or changes then you have to uninstall and then reinstall the program.
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer?
- In order to uninstall Internet Explorer from the Windows System, you have to first go to the Start Button.
- Write “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Next, you have to click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- Choose the Internet Explorer from the list of the installed programs.
- Next, click on “Internet Explorer” to uninstall it.
- Once you are done with the uninstalling process, run the Registry Cleaner program to check that there is no Internet Explorer traces left on the computer.
How to Reinstall Internet Explorer?
- To reinstall Internet Explorer, first, you have to go to the Control Panel.
- Next, go to the “Add/Remove Programs” section.
- Click on the “Turn Windows Features on or off” option.
- You will find the “Internet Explorer” option listed within the result section. You have to uncheck “Internet Explorer” from the Windows Feature Tab. Now click on “OK” after that.
- After clicking “OK” a warning tab will trigger in the Windows screen and click on “Yes”.
- Now, again follow the same procedure and when you get the “Internet Explorer” option, check the box and click on Ok.
Simply wait for the reinstallation process to complete. If you have an installation media, then you can use that as well. However, if this approach is unable to resolve the problem, then use the in-built tool to locate the problematic area.
Method 7: Run Windows System File Checker Tool
In order to run Windows System File Checker you have to follow these simple steps:
For Windows 7 users,
If you are a Windows 7 user, you have to abide by the following instructions:
- Go to the Start button and write “Cmd” in the search box.
- After that, you have to right-click on the “Cmd.exe” option and choose the “Run as Administrator” option from there.
- Choose “Yes” on the UAC command prompt that will appear on the screen.
- Next, you have to type “SFC /scannow” in the black window and then hit the Enter button.
- The System File Checker will detect whether there are any problems within the device.
For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users,
- First, you have to hold the “Windows and X” key together and from the list of the options choose the “Command prompt(Admin) option.
- Next, tap on the ‘Yes” option on the User Account Control prompt.
- Write the “ SFC/scannow” option and hit the Enter key after that.
- Now, System File Checker will detect the problem that you are currently facing in the Windows system.
As soon as the tool is able to detect the causative file, right-click on it and hit the Delete button. This will help you to prevent any further problems associated with the extension.
Method 8: Install the Recently Available Windows Updates
In order to avoid the msfeedssync error from the Windows system, you have to go through these easy steps. Updating the Windows version acts as an added shield for the system.
- First, you have to go to the Start button and write “Update” in the search box.
- Choose the “Windows Update” option from the searched results.
- In the new tab, select the “Change settings” option and try to find the important updates section.
- You will find “Install updates automatically (recommended)” tab, select the option and click on “OK” to update the Windows OS.
These few easy and simple steps will help you to remove the msfeedssync.exe virus along with its associated file from the Windows system.
Hope you find this article beneficial. Do not forget to share your thoughts through the comment section below. Further, always make sure that you download a file from a trustworthy source.
You should always scan the device through a secured virus scanner periodically or depend on the in-built Windows Defender. This will not only warn you about malicious activities but will also ensure that the system files are safe and intact.