Security threats when accompanied with the pirated versions of some softwares, then it might affect your PC anytime. Especially, when you neglect notifications from your antivirus or forget to turn your antivirus on. Additionally, security threats can activate a secondary application named Keygen.
This application can invite lots of malware and spyware. So, it is better to remove this keygen malware. A Keygen is basically a hack tool, not a malware itself. But it still possesses a threat to your system.
Keygen doesn’t crack any program or software but it can modify the security licenses of software in order to make it easier for malware to infect your device.
How to Remove Keygen Virus?
The first thing that you need to do remove the keygen virus is to check if your system is affected by it. To do so, press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager. If you notice keygen.exe in the drives other than the C drive of the system, then you have to remove it.
We have collected some tried and tested removal policies to eradicate the Keygen virus. The users throughout the world have verified these hacks. You can get recovery from Keygen malware, similarly.
Fix 1: Performing a Deep Scan on Windows 10
Basically, these malware issues get solutions through third-party antivirus schemes. Here we are not considering any third-party antivirus and we try to solve the issue with the default settings available on a Windows PC.
Therefore, we are going to perform the deep scan on Windows 10.
- Expand Windows Defender from the Taskbar.
- Choose the Virus and Threat Protection option.
- Go for the Scan Offline option.
- You should save everything before your PC starts rebooting.
- Choose the Scan option.
This should eliminate the hack tool of the Keygen virus. If it hasn’t worked, then go for the following fixes as these might help you to deal with the error.
Fix 2: Deleting Malwares through Control Panel
If you want to remove these potentially unwanted softwares like malware, then you can go to Control Panel. This is quite an easy task. You just need to follow the steps one-by-one and don’t skip any steps.
- Enter Control Panel. You can easily find it out from your Start menu of the device or search it out using the search bar.
- Choose Uninstall a Program under the category of Programs.
- You can see a list containing all the installed applications on your system.
- Scroll down the list and uninstall those applications that are unknown and dubious.
You can sort the applications by date to get the latest applications on your system. Moreover, it will help you to find that software if you are facing the problem recently.
Fix 3: Recovery Using Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is the default browser option for Windows PC users. Hence, we think that it might be useful when we try to resolve this issue on a particular browser like Internet Explorer.
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer.
- Go to the gear icon of the Tools menu of Internet Explorer. Go for the Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Advanced tab.
- Go with the Reset option.
- Check the Delete Personal settings in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
- Choose the Reset option.
Wait until the process completes and close the windows after completion. Check if the error still persists.
We are done with all the possible fixes related to how to eliminate the keygen virus. Let us know if the post is useful to remove it. You can ask us any queries related to this matter by using the comments section given below this post.