The HP Support Assistant on your computer provides a complete solution that includes troubleshooting tools, manuals, system analysis, and automatic software updates. Although despite this completely featured HP Support Assistance, it also has some technical problems as well as. While HP technical support often encourages you to use the Support Assistant, but most of the users have reported that this program blocks important features of their system. This problem can be easily solved by uninstalling the HP Support Assistant program. If you want to know how to remove HP Support Assistant application from your device, then read this article carefully. Here, we have provided a step-by-step process to delete this problem from your system.
Methods to Uninstall HP Support Assistant
We have provided some easy methods that can help you to uninstall the HP Support Assistant Program from your system. Let’s check at the section below,
Method 1 – By Using the Control Panel
By using the Control Panel you can uninstall this program from your device. To do so, follow the steps,
- Press the Windows Home key and R key to open the Run box. Type ‘Control Panel’ and then, hit the Enter key or click on the OK option. Alternatively, go to the Start menu and find the Control Panel, select it.
- When the Control Panel window opens, go to the ‘Programs and Features’ section.
- In that section, scroll down and locate the HP Support Assistant Application, select it.
- Select the Uninstall option.
- Once it is done, restart your system.
Method 2 – Remove the HP Support Assistant through System Restore
You can use this method to completely remove HP Support Assistant program from your system. To execute this method, follow the steps as mentioned below,
- Close the files and programs currently open on your system.
- Right-click on ‘My Computer’ to open the list. Select the Properties option.
- Select the variety of restore point and click on the Next option.
- Once you verify the restore point, click on the Finish button.
Method 3 – Changing the Update Periods
If you do not want to uninstall this program, then you can simply disable the updates for HP Support Assistant on your system. The steps which are mentioned below,
- Open the HP Support Assistant application.
- When that window opens, go to the Settings section.
- Then, select the “Health Analysis” tab
- In the drop-down menu list, click on the “Frequency” option and select the“Never” option.
- Choose the “Never check for updates or messages ” from the drop-down menu under “How would you like to receive software updates and messages from HP?” section.
- Select the “Never” option, under the “Change tune-up schedule”
- Click on the Save option.
Method 4 – By Using Task Manager
Another method that can help you to remove HP Support Assistant application from your device is by using the Task Manager. Follow the undermentioned steps,
- At first, press the ‘Windows + S‘ together from your keyboard to open the Search Panel. Type ‘Control Panel’ and then, press the Enter key.
- In the Control Panel window, go to the ‘System and Security’ section.
- Next, navigate to the ‘Administrative Tools‘ menu list.
- Click on the ‘Schedule Tasks‘ option.
- Then, click on the ‘Task Scheduler Library’.
- Scroll down and find the ‘Hewlett-Packard‘ and ‘HP Support Assistant’, right click on it.
- Select the ‘Update Check’.
- Click on the ‘Disable‘ option.
Now, you know how to remove HP Support Assistant application from your system. We hope, the above-mentioned methods will definitely help you to resolve this problem. After performing these methods if the HP Support Assistant application is still there, then you need to take expert guidance.