Internet has different types of junk files. Malware, adware, and viruses. Though we heard a lot about these most of us do not know what are the functions of these dangerous files and how they can harm your system.
Coin Hive is a type of virus that can do harmful changes to your web-browsing settings. Basically, it is referred to as a malicious browser extension. This virus can eventually get into your system in several ways. Spam emails or downloaded files can be the causes at times.
So, if your system is infected with Coinhive malware then try to remove this from your system as soon as possible. In this article, you will get a trough guidelines to remove this file from your system.
How to Remove Coinhive Malware?
Whenever you can find Coinhive malware in your system, then you need to know how to remove this file. For that, you can either follow some manual steps that are described below in detail.
Way 1: Remove Unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Sometimes you can find a process of crypto currencies mining when you start your system. Moreover, it happens due to coinhive malware.
In this situation, you must check your Windows Task scheduler Library and remove all the malicious tasks one by one. To do so, just follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Click on Windows logo and type in the search panel run and hit the Enter button.
- Once you see the run box type taskschd.msc and again press Enter.
- Now, you can see the Task Scheduler window.
- Click on Task Scheduler Library from the left hand side of the Task Scheduler window.
- Check all the tasks that are listed there and click on the Action tab. In case you are finding anything suspicious then click on that task and click on Delete to remove it. So, if more than one file is there then repeat these steps.
Way 2: Uninstall the Malicious Files
In the first method, we will try to find out if there are any malicious programs in your system and if there are any you have to uninstall them. Hence, go through the following steps.
- First, click on the Start menu and type in search panel control panel.
- Select Control panel from the result and open this window.
- Now, click on the Uninstall a program option.
- Once you see Programs and Features screen find out the malicious program from the list of the installed programs of your PC.
- When you find any, highlight it and click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Yes and complete the process.
Way 3: Remove Suspicious Extensions from Internet Explorer
If you are an Internet Explorer user and there are some changes happened to its browser setting then it can be caused due to coinhive malware.
So, follow the below-mentioned steps to remove this malware.
- Open your Internet Explorer and then click on hear icon from the top right corner.
- Now, choose Manage Add-ons and if there is any suspicious extensions then select them and then click on the Remove button.
Way 4: Reset your Internet Explorer Settings
After following these steps if you are unable to remove this malware then reset your internet explorer settings to default. These are the steps that you can follow to do the task:
- First, Open your Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon.
- Select Internet options> then select the Advanced tab.
- Now click on the Reset button.
- Once you see Reset Internet Explorer Settings window, select the Delete personal settings check box and then click on the Reset button.
Way 5: Delete Coinhive Malware from Google Chrome
If you want to know how to remove this malware from google chrome then follow these steps.
- Click on start logo and type in the search panel Google Chrome.
- Now, open chrome from the result and click on hamburger button from the top right corner.
- Select More tools and then click on Extensions.
- Search all the recently installed suspicious browser add-ons and select them then, click on the trash icons.
If you still find an issue to remove these files then you can reset your Google chrome.
Way 6: Delete Coinhive Malware from Mozilla FireFox
For Mozilla Firefox browser you can follow these steps to remove this malware.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox from then click on hamburger menu button from the top right corner.
- Now, Select Add-ons and then click on Extensions
- Search all the suspicious browser plugins and select them and remove them.
You can easily reset your Mozilla firefox if you face any issue to remove this virus from this browser.
You can delete this malware from firefox by following the below-mentioned steps as well:
- Open your Firefox and click on the three horizontal lines from the top right corner.
- Press the blue help icon which is located at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
- Once you see a small menu, click on Troubleshooting Information and then click on Refresh Firefox button.
- Follow the online instructions and get back the default browser settings of Firefox.
These are the few manual steps that you can easily follow by yourself and try to remove this Coinhive malware. So. if you find these methods helpful for you then share your experience with us in the below comment section.