You may face several issues when you do not download and install Firefox correctly on your PC. An incomplete installation may slow down Firefox or makes it unresponsive. Moreover, it can lead to various error codes also. You may require to reinstall Firefox if the current version of Firefox is incompatible with the Windows Operating System. Therefore, let’s discuss the ways by which you can reinstall Firefox on your system.
How To Reinstall Firefox On Windows 10?
For reinstalling Firefox, go through the following steps on your PC.
- To reinstall Firefox, first, you need to uninstall it.
- Close the Firefox browser on your computer and click the Firefox menu.
- Select ‘Exit’ and press the Windows logo key.
- Go to the Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Click ‘Uninstall a program’ under the Programs section in the Control Panel Window.
- It displays the list of currently installed programs on your PC.
- Select ‘Mozilla Firefox’ from the list of programs and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button in the Mozilla Firefox Uninstall Wizard.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button to complete the uninstallation process.
Note that if the uninstallation does not remove the other files and folders, then you need to delete them manually.
Remove User Data And Settings
The uninstallation does not remove user data like browsing history and bookmarks. If you want to delete these data, then delete your Firefox folder containing your user profile. To delete your Firefox profile follow the steps listed below:
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and open the search box.
- Type ‘%APPDATA%’ in the search field and press ‘Enter.’
- Open the Mozilla folder from the ‘Hidden Roaming’ folder.
- Right-click on the Firefox folder and select ‘Delete.’
Download A New Copy Of Firefox
- Visit the website of Mozilla Firefox and download a new copy of Firefox.
- After the download is completed, close all Firefox Windows.
- Type ‘Windows-R’ followed by ‘firefox.exe -p’ in the Run box to open Firefox Profile Manager.
- Click on your Firefox profile and select ‘Delete Profile.’
- Choose ‘Delete Files’ and erase all settings, bookmarks, and extensions in Firefox. It allows you to restore Firefox on your system.
- You can remove your profile from Firefox and keep the data on the computer’s hard drive for later recovery. To do so, select ‘Don’t Delete Files.’
- Open ‘Programs and Features’, select the current version of Mozilla Firefox, and click ‘Uninstall.’
- Click ‘Next’ and then select ‘Uninstall’ to remove Firefox.
- Open the folder where you have downloaded the Firefox installer.
- Run the Firefox installer to reinstall the Firefox.
- Firefox creates a new profile or loads the old profile during the new installation.
It is all about how you can reinstall Firefox on your system and restore its effective performance.