Windows 10 permit users to protect files and folders. If you are not aware of how to password protect a folder, then you can try to focus on the guidelines provided by the technicians to perform this action on a quick note. Before going on that part at first let’s focus why should you have to protect your folders with a password.
Due to several reasons, you have to protect your folder. For instance-
If you want to store any private files on your computer then you have to lock that folder.
Otherwise, if you want to store some confidential files in your system then you can set a password o to protect it from anyone else.
After knowing the causes, now let’s focus on the guidelines to complete this action.
Due to several reasons you have to protect your folders with a password. In that case, try to focus on the solutions given below.
Method 1: Using Properties
You can perform this action using the properties window. In that case, try to focus on the steps mentioned below.
1.At first, open the folder you want to protect by clicking on it.
2. Now, right-click on it after that choose ‘Properties’ and then go to the Advanced tab.
3. Make the box ‘Encrypt contents to secure data’ be checked.
4. Now perform a backup of this folder. (You will be able to detect to do so).
Otherwise, try to follow the next method mentioned below.
Method 2: Using Compress Option
You can also perform this action using the compress option. To perform so, now focus on the steps mentioned below.
1. At first, go to the folder you want to protect by clicking on it.
2. Now, right-click on it and select ‘Compress’, ‘Add to archive’ or ‘zip’ as per the requirement of your document.
3. After this process, Create an archive with the lowest compression and select an encryption option.
4. Complete the creation process, the file will be created which you want to protect.
5. Delete the original file after keeping a backup. After this process, you will be surely be able to perform this action.
Hope, using this guideline you will be able to perform this action on your own. In future, if you face any error related to your system then you can follow our website to fix the issue.