Safari is one of the most widely used web browsers for Apple users. Most of the Apple users prefer to Safari over other web browsers. The home page is the page that first loads whenever you start Safari. However, you can change this home page to whatever you like. Therefore, if in case, you are wondering how to make something your homepage on Safari, then you are at the right article. Here, in this article, you can get various methods to change the home page on your Safari web browser.
If you use a particular search engine frequently, you can skip a step and can reach the website easily by setting it as your home page on the Safari web browser. Before we proceed to the methods, we recommend that you must follow each and every step. Now, follow the next section of the article.
How to Make a Site your Homepage on Safari: The Best Methods
Here, in this section of the article, you will get some efficient tricks to set the homepage on the Safari web browser. Therefore below are the points that we are going to cover:
- Try to set the Home page on the Safari web browser on your PC.
- Setting up the Home page on your Mac system.
- Set Up the Home page on the Safari web browser on your iPhone and iPad.
- Setting up the Home page for new Page and Tabs on the Safari web browser.
After knowing the points to cover, we will discuss each one of them in the following section.
Trick 1: Set the Home Page on the Safari Web Browser on your PC
In the first trick, you can set the home page on the Safari app on your PC. Therefore, in order to know the steps, you can follow the steps that are given down below:
- First, launch the Safari web browser by double-clicking on its icon.
- Wait for the Safari web browser to load. Once the Safari web browser loads, you have to click on the gear icon from the upper-right corner of the page, beside the search bar.
- By clicking on the gear icon, you will get the main menu list.
- From the list of options, you have to click on Preferences. A small window will appear on the screen.
- Now, under the General section, you have to find the Homepage option. Now, after finding the Homepage option, type the URL of the search engine that you want to set.
- In the next step, click on the Set to Current Page button to save the URL. Now, you have to close the window.
- A new confirmation box will appear where you have to click on the Change Homepage button. This action will save all the changes and then exit all the windows.
So, this is how to make something your homepage on Safari from your PC.
Trick 2: Setting up the Home Page on Mac
Now, in this trick, you will get the steps to set the home page on the Safari web browser for Mac. Therefore, the steps of the process are as follows:
- At first, you have to open your Mac and then launch the Safari web browser.
- Once the Safari opens, click on the Safari option from the header menu bar above the page. This action will bring the main menu list.
- From the list of options, you have to click on the Preferences option.
- In the next step, you have to click on the General tab and then find the Home Page option.
- On finding the Home Page option, you have to enter the URL of the search engine that you want as the Home Page option field.
- After entering the URL, you have to save it by clicking on the Set to Current Page button.
- Close the window and then click on the Chane Home Page button on the confirmation page. Then, you have to close all the windows.
- Now, check if the home page of your choice appears or not.
Therefore, these are the steps that will help you to set the Home Page on the Safari web browser on your Mac.
Trick 3: Set Up the Home Page on the Safari Web Browser on your iPhone and iPad
In this trick, you will get the steps that will help you to set the home page on the Safari web browser on your iPhone and iPad. Therefore, without wasting any more time, let us follow the steps that are given down below:
- In the first step, you have to switch on your iPhone or iPad and then you have to launch the Safari web browser by tapping on its symbol.
- As the Safari web browser opens, you have to go to the web page that you want to make your home page.
- Once the web page opens, you have to tap on the Share button which will be at the bottom of your screen. The Share button will be in the Box shaped icon with an arrow on top of it.
- When the Share window appears, you have to tap on the Add to Home Screen option.
- Now, if you want you can rename the icon and then you have to tap on the Add button. The Add button will be at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, you can use this new shortcut on the Home screen to open the website directly on Safari web browser when you tap on it.
Trick 4: Setting up the Home Page for New Page and Tabs on the Safari Web Browser
If in case, you want to set the home page to the new tabs when you open them, then you can follow this trick for doing so. Follow the steps that are given down below to set the home page:
- You have to first open the Safari web browser. Then, open the Preferences window from the main menu.
- Once the Preferences window opens, you have to navigate to the General tab.
- Under the General tab, you have to choose the Home Page from the list of options.
- Now, from the relevant drop-down menu choose ‘New window opens with’ or ‘New tabs open with’ option.
- In the next step, you have exit all the windows to save the changes.
Therefore, this is how you can set the new window or tab as a homepage.
How to Make Something your Homepage on Safari: Ending Notes
Ending the article, we want to say that these were the tricks for setting the homepage on the Safari web browser. We hope that you have not faced any issue while performing the tricks that are given above. But in case you are facing any problem, then you can get back by dropping a comment. Moreover, you can also share some ideas of yours in the comments section below.