You might come across several situations where you need to use images that have a transparent background. Images that have a transparent background pile on each other effectively. That is the main reason why it is preferred by a lot of users for their personal and professional purpose.
But you won’t get any options available for saving images with transparent background MS paint which is a built-in image application of Windows. Most of the photographers overlook MS paint or new paint 3D in order to edit photos because it has limited tools compared to the other photo editing software.
However, one thing for which it is still used effectively is that in Paint, you can make a transparent background for your Windows system. If you are not aware of how to make the background transparent in Paint, then go through this post.
How to Make a Transparent Background in Paint?
If you do not know how to make a transparent background in Paint, then this post will help you to do that in your Windows 10 system. There are two ways that you can apply to make a transparent background of any picture in Paint.
Method 1: Cut out a Foreground Area in a Picture
To apply this method, go through the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, press the Start button and then click on the Paint option from the list. Now, select the File option. Click on the Open button.
- Thereafter, tap on the Select option. Further, select the Transparent Selection option.
- After that, click on the Free-Form Selection option under the Select Menu. Next, in order to preserve from the original image, you need to trace around a foreground area. The left out portion of the image will be a transparent background.
- Then, you need to right-click on the selected area. Now, choose a new image from your device and copy the image.
- Afterward, press the Ctrl + V key together in order to paste the foreground area that you have traced from the primary picture.
- Finally, left-click on the pasted foreground picture and drag it to a suitable position.
Method 2: Deleting an Area from an Image
If you apply the above method, then you find that there is a blank area in the original image. However, it does not match a transparent region in the original image.
At the same time, when you open up the image, you will find that there is a blank area that you cut out from the picture. If you use Paint 3D in your Windows 10 device, it does not save the transparent area in the image.
In case, if you are not aware of how to fill the transparent area left in the picture with a background layer image in Paint 3D, then walk through the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First, press the Windows key and enter the Paint 3D in the search box. Now, open up the Paint 3D application from the list.
- After that, click on the menu option and then select the Open section. Next, browse a file from your device and open it in Paint 3D application.
- Thereafter, click on the Canvas button in order to launch the sidebar directly. Then, click on the Transparent canvas settings from the sidebar of that section. Press the Select button. Then, select an area of the picture and drag it.
- To cut the image, press the Ctrl + X key. Now, click on the menu option and then on Save As option.
- After that, choose the 2D PNG option. Now, enter a file name in the text box and then click on the Save button to save the image.
- To open up the blank canvas, click on the Menu > New. Next, click on the menu and then choose the Open option. Therefore, tap on the Browse files and select a picture for the transparent image.
- Again, press the Menu button and click on the Insert button. Here, you can also rotate the picture to adjust the settings.
These are the methods to make a background transparent in the Paint. Follow this article and check which method is more suitable in your case.