Tp-Link is a networking product manufacturing company. It is widely famous for is mid-and high-level wireless networking devices like routers, Wifi-card etc. But surveying a large section of the user base of Tp-Link, we have come across the reiterating query of “how to login TpLink router?” And due to lack of technical knowledge, they are unable to perform the basic setting tasks. That’s why for the help of all the users type of users, we are providing different types of technical information related to Tp-Link in our articles. And today we will look into the procedure of logging in a Tp-Link router.
Now without wasting any more time, let’s dive into it.
The Explanation of “How to Login TpLink Router?”
The login method of the Tp-Link router is quite simple and straightforward. But, in order to access it’s login page, first you need to get the Default IP /local IP Address of your Tp-Link router. You can find it on the back of your Tp-Link router’s box or you can get it from your desktop. Apart from those areas, you can also get the Default IP /local IP Address of your Tp-Link router from Tp-Link ‘s official website.
However, in some situations the Default IP /local IP Address of the router got changed due to internet configuration, therefore, it would be a wise decision if you find the Default IP /local IP Address of your Tp-Link router by using the desktop method.
Default IP/Local IP Address Locating Process
The locating process of the Default IP /Local IP Address of a router varies from OS to OS. Hence you need to follow the IP locating method according to your operating system.
The IP locating methods of some popular OS are mentioned in the section below.
On Windows Operating System:
The IP locating process is quite easy to perform on a Windows OS. To perform it follow the steps.
- First Click on the windows start icon and then tap on Gear Icone ( setting Icon)
- On the setting page, click on the Network and Internet option.
- Now, on the Network and Internet page, tap on the Status tab. You will find it on the left side of the page.
- Inside the Status tab, click on the View Your Network Properties option.
- A window will appear on your screen where you will find the Default gateway IP address of your system. That IP address is the local IP address of your Tp-Link router.
- Note it down.
Now, if you are using an older version of the window OS then, in order to find the local IP address of your Tp-Link router, you need to use the Command prompt.
- To beginning it first launch the Run Dialog Box by pressing “ Windows Key + X”. together.
- Then on the Run box, type “ cmd” and hit the OK button.
- Now, the Command Prompt window will pop-up on your screen. On that black window, type “ipconfig/all” and tap on the Enter key.
- On that moment, a list of IP address will start appearing on your window. From that list, note down the IP address besides the Default Gateway option.
On Mac OS
If you are using a Mac OS based system then the IP locating method is a little bit different. To perform it fellow the steps mentioned below.
- On your Mac OS, first, click on the Apple Menu Option,
- Now on that menu, you will get the System Preferences option. Click on it and launch its page.
- There you will get the Network preferences option under the Internet & Wireless section. Give a click on it
- After that on the Network preferences window, select the Wifi option and then hit the Advanced button.
- A new window will appear where you will get the local IP address of your Tp-Link router.
The Login Process.
After you get the Local IP of your Tp-Link router, open your desired browser and put that IP address on the search bar. Then the Administrator login page of your Tp-Link router will start loading on that Browser.
Now, If you have bought a new Tp-Link router then the default username and password of the Administrator page will be “ Admin”. Enter it in the login section and unlock the Administrator page.
On the Administrator page of your Tp-Link, you can change the setting and other IP address related setting of your Tp-Link router.
How to change the Default Login-ID of a Tp-Link Router?
Once you enter into the Administrator page of your Tp-Link router, click on the Management option. A new page will load on your browser where you will get the Access Control. Click on that. Now, a pop-up menu will appear on your browser. On that menu, you will find the Password option. Click on that option and launch the password setting page. On that page, type your old password and new passwords. Then, hit the Save/Apply button.
After doing that, close all the browse tap and then wait for few seconds. Then, re-launch the Administrator page of your Tp-Link router and type the username and the new password. If the Administrator page is working fine then the changing process is successfully completed.
We hope that our article is able to help you with the Tp-Link login process and other important things which are related with it. For more tech related informations keep-following our articles