A router is a device used in networking which we use on our desktop computer to transmit internet and use it on our smartphones and tablets. There are many companies that manufacturer router in the market. Netgear is one of the best router manufacturing company. It produces quality routers. Netgear Nighthawk x6 is the best of all the Netgear routers. If you are planning to buy a router, then this is the best option. But, you have to know how to log in to the router to use it. Also if you have purchased this router, then you have to know how login to this router. Hence we are going to discuss on “how to login to Netgear Nighthawk x6 router?”
How to get the Default Login IP Address
Before you log in to the router you need to know the appropriate login IP address to log in to the Netgear Nighthawk x6 router.
Thus, to get the correct login IP address, you can either find the login address from the internet or from the router. But, sometimes the login address of the router might change from time to time. Thus, if this happens you have to find the login IP address from the computer. Therefore, the steps to find the login IP address are as follows:
For Windows Computer
In Windows 10
If you are using Windows 10 on your computer then follow the steps:
- Press the ‘Start’ key on the keyboard.
- Then, select the ‘Control Panel’ from the left column.
- Now, in the option ‘Network and Internet’ select ‘view Network status and tasks’.
- Then, on the top right-hand corner select the option internet connection.
- After that, from the ‘Ethernet status’ select the ‘option ‘Details’.
- Next, a ‘Network connection Details’ window appears.
- Over there you will get the login IP address of your router.
In Windows 7 and 8
If you are using Windows 7 and 8 on the computer then find the login IP address in this way:
- Press the ‘Start’ key and the letter ‘R’ from the keyboard.
- Then, type ‘cmd’ to open the ‘Command Prompt’.
- Now, on the ‘Command Prompt’ type ‘ipconfig’ and press the ‘Enter; key.
- Here you will get a list of address will display on the screen.
- Now, find out the login IP address from the list.
For Mac Computer
The steps to find the login IP address of the computer are as follows:
- At first, come to the main home screen of your Mac computer. Then select ‘Network’ and then choose the type of network you are using in your computer.
- Then select ‘Advanced’ from the list of options.
- Now select the tab ‘TCP/IP’ and locate the router login IP address.
Steps To Login Netgear Nighthawk x6
Thus now you have got the IP address of the router you can log in. Therefore the steps to log in to the Netgear Nighthawk x6 are:
- At first, connect the router to the computer.
- Now, open the internet browser at first.
- Then, on the address bar of the browser type the address ‘http://www.routerlogin.net’ or ‘http://www.routerlogin.com’
- Also, you can type ‘192.168.1.1’ to open the login page of the Netgear Nighthawk x6 router.
- After the login page appears on the computer provide the ‘Username’ and the ‘Password’.
- Then, log in to the router page.
These are the steps to find the default login IP address and the log in to the Netgear Nighthawk x6 router.
Certainly, this will help you to log in to the router. For any other issues related to the router, you can check our website.