Netgear Inc. is a multinational company that deals with networking hardware for the consumer, business as well as service providers. The company produces wired and wireless devices for broadband access along with network connectivity. These products are popular across the globe.
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 is the fastest router for media streaming. This is one of the smart WiFi routers with advanced features. The Netgear Nighthawk X10 delivers ultra-smooth 4K streaming. It is also compatible with VR gaming and instant downloads. It is powered by 1.7GHz Quad Core Processor. Quad-Stream architecture has been used to build this router. The wireless speed for this product is up to 7.2 Gbps.
Sometimes, you might face some difficulty to log in to Netgear Nighthawk X10 due to various reason. This is very much annoying if you are unable to log in. All your important works get on a pending list. So, you need to get out of this problem on a quick basis.
The following are some easy and simple steps which you need to follow in order to fix your Netgear Nighthawk X10 before you get in touch with a professional expert.
How To Login Netgear Nighthawk X10 Using The Username And Password
You can simply log in to the Netgear Nighthawk X10 by using your default user name and the password. And to do so, you need to follow the below steps:
- First, you need to open the browser. After that, you should type the IP address in the search bar and enter.
- Now, the login page will be up on your screen. You need to put your username as “admin” and the password is as “password”.
- After that, you need to on the login option and you will be connected through the Netgear Nighthawk X10 network.
Automatic Internet Setup
You can also set up your Netgear router automatically. Otherwise, you can use the browser to access your router and set up manually. Before you proceed with the setup, know the ISP information as you will require that during the procedure. To set up your Netgear Nighthawk X10, you need to follow the following steps:
- First, you need to ensure if the router is powered on or not. If the router is not on you have turned on the router.
- You have to check if your computer or the WiFi device is connected properly to the router through the Ethernet cable. In case using WiFi, check with the present security setting. This is listed on the label which is at the bottom of the router.
- Now, the first time set up, you need to put the address in your browser. After that, the internet configuring page will appear on your computer screen.
- You should follow the following steps in order to complete the installation.
This will erase everything from the Netgear router console. In case the administrator has forgotten the password, you can go for a hard reset. But there is a drawback of using this hard reset option. This will erase all the customizations which you have done earlier like your username, password, port following setting, custom DNS server, and security key. And to do this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First, you have to turn on the router. You just need to turn the router back and find the Reset button.
- You should hold the Reset button for a little moment.
- After that, release the Reset button and wait for another 30 seconds. The router will turn on properly and also get reset successfully.
Change The Default IP Address
Every time you turn the router on, it uses the same default IP address. Unless the Administrator changes the IP address, your router will use the same IP address. Due to IP address conflict with a modem, there might be an issue with login.
Most probably, your IP address is 192.168.0.1. In case this isn’t working, you can try another IP address and that is 192.168.1.1 as default Netgear router Gateway. If above two IP address won’t works try www.routerlogin.com as your Default Gateway to access Netgear router.
Update The Netgear Router Firmware
Sometimes, due to the outdated firmware, your Netgear router won’t work. You should upgrade the software in order to fix this issue. And to update the firmware, you need to follow the steps discussed here:
- First, you need to login to your Netgear Nighthawk set up page and check for the updates.
- You should connect to the internet in order to log in to Netgear Router.
- Open a browser as per your choice and put the IP address 192.168.0.1. In case this won’t work you should try 192.168.1.1.
- After that, a login page will appear on your screen. You need to put the user name as “admin” and the password as the “password”.
- Login and then check for updates. If the update is available you will get to see that.
Remove All The Browser History
If you are facing troubles while accessing the routerlogin.com, you should clear the browser cache. And to do that you need to follow the steps given below:
If you are using Google Chrome:
- Pull up the Google Chrome Browser on your computer.
- At the top right corner, you will get to see three dots. You need to give a click on that.
- Now, click on more option and select the clear the browsing data.
- You should select everything and also need to confirm the time period. You will get to see that at the top of that window.
- After that, you should select Cookies and other site data and Cache damage and files through the checkbox.
- Finally, you need to click on Clear data option.
If you are using Mozilla Firefox:
- You need to hit on the Menu button which is at the top right corner. Then, you need to select Options.
- You will find there Privacy and Security panel which you need to select.
- Click on the Clear data option under the Cookies and site data.
- You should uncheck in front of Cookies and site data.
- After that, you need to click on the clear button in order to clear all your browsing data.
If you are using Internet Explorer:
- In Internet Explorer, you should select the Favorites button.
- After that, you will get to see the browsing history and then select the delete option.
We explained the easy and simple steps by following which you can easily fix the Netgear Nighthawk X10 router login issue. Hope this article will help you to get rid of the issue. But if you have any doubt you can let us know by your comment.