Windows Live Mail is a free email application by Windows. The email program has become an important means of communication among people. People can send messages and documents with the help of email. If you are using Windows then you can easily set up email. If you are wondering how to set up Windows mail on Windows 7, then this article is for you. In this article, we will discuss how to set up email in Windows Mail or re install Windows mail.
How To Install An Email Program On Windows 7
Follow the step-by-step instructions to install an Email program on Windows.
- Open the Windows Mail, open the Tools menu and then click on Accounts.
- Next, click on the Add option.
- Now a “Select Account Type” window will open. Double-click on Email Account.
- In the next window, type in the name that would be displayed to the recipients. After that, click on the Next option.
- Type in the email address on the “Internet Email Address” window and click on Next.
- Go to the Setup email servers window and enter the email information by replacing with your username.
- Enter the Internet ID and password of the email account and login to access the email program.
- Next, you will see a window, uncheck the box “Do not download my email and folders at this time” and click on Finish to complete the process.
- Now you can access the email from the Internet Accounts by simply double-clicking on the email account.
- Open the Properties and click on the Advanced Tab. Check if the Settings are correct and proceed.
- Next, you have to click on the IMAP tab. Enter the mail/ in the Root Folder field. Unmark the box “Check for new messages in all folders”.
- Click on OK and save the settings. Close the Internet Accounts window to exit. Windows Mail will confirm if you want to receive the mail.
Hope you have successfully set up Windows Mail Windows 7 on your computer. Now you can easily access the emails of the account that you have set up.