When you change your browser from Firefox to Chrome, you may want to transfer all your important bookmarks to Chrome. It helps you to revisit the websites which you have already visited in Firefox. Otherwise, you need to search for these sites again to get the required contents. It is a shortcut to access your favorite sites by saving time and effort. But, you cannot avail this benefit unless you know how to import bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome.
How To Import Bookmarks From Firefox To Chrome?
You can transfer bookmarks between these two browsers by going through the steps mentioned below.
Export bookmarks from Chrome
- Open Firefox, click on the ‘Toolbar’ icon and select ‘Bookmarks.’
- Click on ‘Show all bookmarks’ or press the shortcut key ‘Ctrl+Shift+B’ on your keyboard.
- The ‘Library’ Window appears with all the bookmarks.
- First, click on ‘Import and Backup’ and then select ‘Export Bookmarks to HTML.’
Import bookmarks to Firefox from HTML file
- In the ‘Export Bookmarks File’ dialog box, there is a ‘File name’ edit box. Here, you need to specify a name for the HTML file which you want to transfer.
- Select a location for the HTML file and click ‘Save.’
- Close the Firefox browser and Open Chrome.
- Click on ‘Bookmarks’ and select ‘Bookmark Manager’ to open the ‘Bookmark Manager’ dialog box.
- Select ‘Import Bookmarks’ and navigate to the folder where you have saved the bookmarks of Firefox.
- Open the HTML file to ensure that the bookmarks of Firefox are imported into the imported folder.
- Go to ‘Bookmarks’ and click the ‘Imported’ option.
- Drag and drop the folder to the ‘Bookmark Bar’ item to transfer these bookmarks directly on ‘Chrome Bookmarks’ toolbar.
- The bookmarks of Firefox Bookmarks toolbar are now available on the Bookmarks Bar in Chrome.
- If the Bookmarks toolbar is not enabled in Chrome, then click on ‘Bookmarks’ to see the bookmarks that you have transferred to Chrome.
Import bookmarks From Chrome to Firefox
This is just to help you out with a brief idea if you want to transfer bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox.
- Open Firefox and click on the Firefox menu.
- Click on the ‘Bookmarks’ icon, but if what to do if the icon is not visible? If you cannot find the ‘Bookmarks’ icon, click ‘Customize’ and add the icon to your browser.
- Select ‘Show all bookmarks’ option to open the ‘Bookmarks Library.’
- Click the ‘Import and Backup’ drop-down menu in the Bookmarks library Window.
- Click the option, ‘Import data from another browser’ located at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Select the relevant items among cookies, browsing history and bookmarks and click ‘Next’ to import them into Firefox.
- It begins the import process and click ‘Finish’ once the process gets over.
Now you can see the bookmarks of Chrome in your Firefox browser.