Windows need to upgrade frequently for availing the latest services. Without an update, you won’t be able to use the currently available services and nowadays the process has become a problem for most of the users. Besides this, to perform an upgrade process, you may get stuck with the unexpected error message, “Windows Update Error 80246007“. Then, the upgrade program stops after a certain time during the installation. Not only that but also it diminishes the PC performance. As a result, the device fails to perform multitasking, multi-processing program on a single Windows platform. However, this article will be beneficial enough to help you overcome this situation efficiently.
Significant Reasons behind Windows Update Error Code 80246007
Several significant reasons are responsible for this annoying Windows Update Error. Here, we are going to talk about those errors which effects your device badly.
Strong setup of Firewall prevents the Windows update process and shows the “Windows Update Error 80246007“.
- Junk files, sometimes, blocks the memory spaces and displays the Windows error during the upgrade process.
- Many times, we disable the Windows Defender service to remove pop-up blocked problem. But, inactive Windows Defender is another issue for this update problem.
- Misconfiguration of the System files or the System file corruption causes this annoying issue very often.
Technical Steps to Resolve Windows Update Error 80246007
There are lots of technical steps to overcome the Windows Update Error 80246007 and enhances the system performance as well. Here, we are going to talk about some of the simple techniques that will be helpful to get rid of this severe issue immediately.
Resolve System Security Software Issue
- Type “control” in the Search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option from a list of the items.
- Tap on the ‘Uninstall a program’ and you will get a list of installed applications in the resultant window.
- Right-click on the Antivirus software files and its associated programs one by one. Choose the Uninstall option, from the pop-up menu.
- Now, you are asked to confirm the uninstallation process by tapping the YES button from the confirmation dialog box.
- The installation program will take a couple of minutes to complete and reboot the window by pressing the Restart button from the Start menu. It will resolve the Windows 10 update error 80246007, unexpected error message.
Set and Run BIT Automatic Service
- Press Windows and R together from the keyboard and launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “services.msc” and press the Enter key to open the Windows Service Settings window.
- Choose the Background Intelligent Transfer Service(BITS) from the resultant window.
- Right-click on that service and select Properties from the drop-down list.
- Now, click on the General tab from the Service Properties window.
- Set the Startup Type as ‘Automatic’ and click the Start button.
- Finally, hit the Apply button for applying new changes and close the window.
Verify the Windows Defender Service
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and open the Service window.
- Here, you can see a list of available services. Locate the Windows Defender Firewall from that list.
- Check the status of that service whether it is running or not. If the status is found as Disabled, then right-click on it.
After that, choose the option Start from the pop-up menu items and when done, reboot the system to check whether the Windows update error 80246007 is resolved or not.
Modify User Account Control
- Click on the Start button and launch the Start menu.
- Type “users account” in the Search box and press the Enter key to open the Change User Account Control Settings window.
- Now, check whether all the update programs finish the downloading process successfully or not.
- Next, move the slider down to choose the option ‘Never Notify’.
- Finally, click on the OK button to save the new changes. Once done, try to reboot and open the program to check whether the Windows error is fixed or not.
Perform the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key and type “troubleshoot” in the Search box. Now, hit the Enter key to launch the Windows Troubleshooter window.
- Choose the Windows Update from the left menu of the resultant window.
- Next, click ‘Run the Troubleshooter’ option and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
- It will take a few minutes to finish the Windows troubleshooting steps. Reboot the system when it is done.
Perform Clean Boot
- Type “misconfig” in the Search box and hit the Enter key to jump to the next step.
- Click on the Service tab from the resultant window and check the option ‘Hide all Microsoft services’.
- Next, click the Disable button and go to the Startup tab.
- Click on the option ‘Open the Task Manager’ to launch the Task Manager window.
- Here, you can see a list of startup applications. Right-click on the apps one by one and choose Disable from the menu.
- When it is done, close the Task Manager window and click the Apply button from the System Configuration window to apply the new changes.
- After that, click the OK button and close the active windows. Now, restart the Windows in Normal mode.
- Finally, open an application and check whether the Windows error persists or not.
Create Repair.bat File
- Type “notepad” in the Search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Notepad application.
- Now, type the following command sequentially by pressing the Enter key after each command:
“net stop wuauserv”, “cd %systemroot%SoftwareDistribution”, “ren Download Download.old”, “net start wuauserv”, “net stop bits”, “net start bits”
- Click on the File Menu tab from the menu bar and choose ‘Save As’ from the list.
- Enter ‘Repair.bat’ as the file name and save the file on the desktop.
- Now, right-click on that file and select the ‘Run as administrator’. Now, type the administrator password and click the Continue button to confirm the account.
- Next, try to install the batch file properly and delete the ‘.bat’ file after a successfully build installation.
Perform System Restore Program
- Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “system restore” in the resultant dialog box and hit the Enter key to open the System Restore window.
- Choose the ‘Create a restore point’ option from the list of items.
- Now, click the System Restore button and confirm the step by tapping the Next button.
- Check the available restore points by clicking on the ‘Show more restore points’.
- Next, click the Next button and follow the instructions that appears on the screen to complete the restoration process.
It will perform System Restore process and restores the PC to its original state. Now, check whether the Windows Update Error 80246007 still persists or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the Windows Update Error 80246007 with all its associated technical glitches. Moreover, we have defined the significant reasons behind this Windows error. Furthermore, we have given some effective steps to overcome those critical issues. So, we hope this content will help you out of this major Windows issues immediately without any hassle.