Error Code 81 is one of the most common errors that occur during the installation of the Adobe software. This error message is displayed if you have accidentally changed the subfolder name or have altered the file destination in the Adobe Acrobat Software installation. There may be several reasons for this error message. Adobe Error Code 81 may occur when the installer does not run properly. Another primary reason can be that there is a problem with the Creative Cloud which is causing the Adobe Installer Error code. Other reasons might be that the Adobe software has run out of date. There can also be an accumulation of the junk files within the internal system files. So, this is a very notorious error that needs to be fixed immediately.
In this article, we are going to provide you with some of the easiest ways to fix the problem quickly.
Excellent Ways To Fix Adobe Error Code 81
In this section, we are going to provide you with some of the easiest ways to fix the error in no time. Follow the solutions given below to effectively troubleshoot the error.
Open The App As Administrator
The Adobe error occurs in case you do not have the administrator rights. So, what you can do is try to open the Creative Cloud App with administrator rights. Simply, perform the steps given below.
- Locate the Creative Cloud application and right-click on the icon.
- From the menu, select the option “Run as administrator.” This will open the Adobe Software without any error.
- If the problem is resolved, you need to open the Adobe application and run as administrator every time.
In the next step, you need to exit the application and right-click on the icon and choose properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and Check the option “Run this program as an Administrator.”
- Then, apply the changes and save the settings.
We hope that this will fix the Adobe error code 81.
Restore The License Permission
You can also restore the license permission of the Adobe PCD and the SL Store folders in Windows 10. Follow the steps given below:
- Open the File Explorer window.
- Now, you have to click on the View tab and after that, click on “Options.”
- Next, you have to unmark “Use Sharing Wizard” which is at the bottom of the “Advanced Settings” section.
- Choose the option “Show hidden files, folders and drives.”
- Lastly, click on OK.
Update The Graphics Driver
In order to fix the error code, you can also try to update the graphics drivers and see if it solves the error. You can open the “Device manager” from the Run menu. Locate the graphics driver and then, right-click on the driver. Then, select the Update option. Windows will automatically detect the latest drivers and update them. You can also manually download the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and install them.
Create A New SLStore Folder
The Adobe error code 81 can occur if the SLStore directory is absent on your PC. So, in order to avoid the error, the missing directory should be created.
- First of all, go to C: Program FilesAdobe and then, navigate to the directory of the application which you are trying to run.
- Now, you have to right-click and create a new Folder and name it as “SLStore.”
- Try to start the application and see if you are still receive the error message.
Install The Adobe Application Manager
You can easily fix the Adobe Installer Error Code 81 with the help of Adobe Application Manager. This is a free tool from the Adobe which you can use to fix the error code.
Paste The adbeape.dll Into The Installation Directory
It can happen that the DLL files are missing from the installation directory due to which you are getting the error message. So, you can copy the DLL files from another computer in a USB device and paste it on the installation directory. You should have the administrator rights to do this process.
Alter The SLStore Directory Attributes
You can also try this method to fix the problem. Follow the steps given below.
- Find the SLStore directory. You will get this directory on the Adobe CC installation directory.
- Now, you have to right-click on the SLStore and then, choose Properties from the menu.
- Check the “Attributes” section and disable the Read-only option.
- Lastly, click on OK and save the settings.
Reinstall The Adobe Products
If none of the above solutions work, then you can reinstall the Adobe software and see if it fixes the problem. Go to the Control Panel and select the “Programs” option. Then, find Adobe and right-click on it and select Uninstall. Thereafter, you can download the Adobe software and install the application.
We hope that these solutions will help you to fix the Adobe Installer Error Code 81 without much difficulty.