Ricoh Printers are one of the top printer brands available in the market. These printers come with an ink cartridge that is known for quality printing. Apart from that, there are some advanced features that are useful for both personal and professional work. However, some troubles with the hardware, software, and drive can lead to endless errors in these printers. Despite various advanced features, Ricoh printer can face some issues like Ricoh printer offline. In case, you are facing such a problem, do not worry. You can easily resolve this problem by following our guidelines mentioned in this article. You just need to go through it carefully.
Symptoms of Ricoh Printer Offline Error:
- You will encounter an error message when you switch on the device and your printer.
- The message will appear on the screen and the network will freeze temporarily.
- The printing process will slow down or become queued.
- You Ricoh printer status will turn inactive or offline for a few seconds.
Common Reasons Behind Ricoh Printer Offline Windows 10:
Before fixing this error, first, you have to know about the main causes which have caused this trouble in your Windows 10 PC. Therefore, let’s find out why this issue actually occurs.
- The slow connection between the computer and the printer.
- Outdated printer driver
- Connection problem between the printer and the network
- The printer is not able to recognize the VPN and IP address.
- The LED light is not blinking.
- Printer’s power issue
- Sometimes bluetooth can cause this issue.
- Hardware failure
Things to Consider if you Face Ricoh Printer Showing Offline Error:
Here are major considerations when the Ricoh printer is showing offline. Have a look at these:
- Red light alert- When the printer is online, a red signal showing on one or multiple printer channels. A red light will flash if there is an error with the machine. Then the Ricoh printer will not work and it will give you a fully offline error.
- Online indicator- There is an online indicator which flashes when an error occurs. Tap on the button to active it.
Effective Ways to Fix Ricoh Printer Offline Windows 10:
Don’t panic after seeing this Ricoh printer offline error on the screen, because fixing this issue is relatively simple. You can easily solve this trouble with some easy methods and you also don’t need any technical knowledge to perform this. So, we suggest that you should perform all the hacks one-by-one in order to get rid of this error.
Way 1:- Check your Printer Connection
Before starting this process, restart your printer. Wait for a minute and give time to the printer to be ready. Now, check the printer connection.
If the printer is connected via USB, then check whether your printer is well-connected via USB cable. Then, check that you are properly connecting the cable with your device.
If the printer is connected via a wired network, make sure that the machine is well connected via the wired network. Now, check if your printer is well connected with the router or not.
To verify wireless network, check your printer is well connected with your computer or not. The wireless icon indicates that your printer is well connected.
Way 2: Reinstall Ricoh Printer
This simple hack works for many users for fixing this particular problem. If you install Ricoh printer in a wrong way, then it can be a cause more trouble. So, go through the all steps one-by-one as instructed below:
- First, press ‘Windows key+R’ together.
- When comes a Run box, write ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Go to the printer option and right-click on it. Now, choose ‘Uninstall’.
- Again, press ‘Windows+R’ keys at the same time and type in ‘Control’ in the Run box. Then, press the Enter key.
- Go to the ‘Device and Printers’ from Large icon option.
- After that, tap on ‘Add a printer’.
- Select ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’, ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ options.
- Then, mark the ‘Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname’ option. After that, press the ‘Next’ option in the right-hand corner.
Way 3: Restart your System
Restarting your device is one of the best solutions to fix Ricoh printer offline error on your Ricoh printer. Read carefully and apply this method.
- First, unplug all the wires and cables connected to the device.
- Then, open the printer and clean all parts.
- Then, reconnect the power plug with the Ricoh printer.
- Now, start the printer.
Way 4: Check your Printing Status
Firstly, restart your printer. Then, press and hold Windows key and letter I together on the keyboard. Now, go to the Devices option and open the Device & Printers option. Then, you find a green check mark icon and right-click on it. Next, click on the ‘See What’s Printing’ Option. Now, go to the Printer option. If you will see a tick mark beside the ‘Pause Printing & User Printer Offline’ option, click on it to remove the check marks.
Way 5: Add a Second Printer
If you are using a wireless Ricoh Printer, then find the IP address of your printer. Now, press the Windows key +I button together from your keyboard. Click on the Devices option and select ‘Devices & Printer’. Next, click on the list of device and printer and go to the Printer Properties option. After that, select ‘Ports’ and go to the Add port to check the available option. Now, hit the Ok button. When the new page appears, select the second option. Then, click on ‘Next’. Finally, enter the IP address to finish this procedure.
Way 6: Check the Connection between Printer and Computer
Check your connection between your printer and computer. Replug it, if needed. Next, you verify if your printer is properly connected with the printer. Then, open your printer and device for entering your printer model. Set as a default printer if not, add your printer and set it as your main printer. Check once that the access point and router are shared by computer and your Ricoh printer. Notice the Ethernet cable and manage the access point settings properly. Check again, if your printer is offline or not set as default. Now, figure out if the problem still arrises or not.
Step 7: Change the Wireless Network Name
Different routers with the same network name are one of the common reasons. We have to resolve it fast. It drops the wireless connection. So, just go to the following instructions.
- Go to the menu on your router web-based setup page that modifies your wireless network name.
- Then, give a new name and save it.
- Now, reconnect your printer with the wireless network safely.
Way 8: Change the Printer channel
Now, we are going to modify the printer channel for ignoring the Ricoh printer offline error on your printer.
- First of all, open the printer settings folder.
- Then, tap on the ‘Change’ icon on the screen and select ‘Profiles’ in the dialog box.
- Now, choose the profile and tap on the ‘Edit’ icon.
- When a ‘Printer channel’ option appears in the list, tap on the ‘Trigger points’ section.
- Next, go to the ‘Channel requirements’ tab and choose ‘Print error levels’.
- Look for the ‘Offline’ error to modify the “Error Level” to ‘None mode or’ ‘Warning’ message.
- Hit the OK button and save all changes.
- Lastly, close all dialog box and check if the error message appears or not.
Way 9: Disable ‘SNMP’
You can fix this Ricoh printer offline Windows 10 error by turning off SNMP. So, try to follow the steps below:
- At first, open the printer Settings and tap on the ‘Change’ icon.
- Now, go to the ‘Profiles’ section and choose ‘General Settings’.
- Then, select ‘General Configuration’.
- After that, look for the printer status to ‘The only WMI’ and tap on the OK button.
- Click on the ‘Close’ option and save all changes.
- Then, close all tabs and check the issue once.
Way 10: Restart Printer Spooler Services
If none of the above methods work for this problem, you have to restart the printer spooler services in order to fix Ricoh printer offline error. Spooler services maintain operations that are related to the printer. Follow these steps to start the spooler services again.
- Press the Windows key and ‘R’ key simultaneously.
- Then, type ‘Services. Msc’ command.
- Search for the ‘Printer Spooler’ option from the list.
- Now, go to the ‘Printer Spooler’ option and right-click on it.
- When the pop-up menu appears, choose the ‘Restart’ option.
- Lastly, check if this error message is resolved or not.
Way 11: Check Wireless LAN Signal Strength
When you use the wireless LAN, you need to check if the signal strength is affected or not. If yes, then try to shift to a place where the connection is good. Also, check the wireless LAN signal from the Control Panel section.
Way 12: Check Data In
The next thing is to check if the ‘Data in’ indicator is blinking or not. If not, that means the data is not delivered to the computer. There is no interference with the network connection. So, replace the indicator properly to fix this issue completely.
This article provides you a brief idea about resolving Ricoh printer offline issue. Hope that it will help you to fix this critical issue. But if you have any question while following any of the above steps or failing to resolve this issue, then it is recommended get in touch with an experienced professional to get the exact solutions to overcome this issue on your Ricoh printer.