Developed by Intuit, QuickBooks is an accounting software preferred by most small and medium-sized businesses. Despite being highly useful and serving multiple functions, the software is not error-free. QuickBooks error 15215 occurs when QuickBooks is unable to verify the digital signature. You can face this error if you try to download a payroll update when another application is running in the background. It happens only when the application requires a lot of bandwidth and QuickBooks Desktop Payroll cannot connect to the server.
The Firewall or Firewall settings may also prevent QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from connecting to the server. You can face this issue if you haven’t installed a proper digital signature certificate on QuickBooks. In case you are encountering this error, resolving it at the earliest is essential.
Efficient Hacks To Resolve Quickbooks Error 15215
Any error in QuickBooks will affect its performance and that will also reflect on your business. Therefore, follow the given guidelines and fix error code 15215 quickly.
Reboot Your Computer
- If you reboot your computer, it will reset the settings of the applications running in the background on your PC.
- It, in turn, will help to improve the internet connectivity between your QuickBooks Direct Payroll and the server.
Run QuickBooks Desktop As Window’s Administrator
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop program on your system.
- Right-click on ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ icon and select ‘Run as administrator.’
- Select ‘Yes’ to allow this program to make changes to your computer.
Verify The Digital Signature Certificate
- Let Windows search for QBW32.exe on your computer.
- Right-click on QBW32.exe and select ‘Properties.’
- Navigate to the ‘Digital Signature’ tab and select ‘Intuit, Inc.’ from the list of available signatures.
- Click on ‘Details’ to open the ‘Digital Signature’ window.
- Tap on the ‘View certificate’ option and hit the’ Install Certificate’ button.
- Click on ‘Next’ until you reach the ‘Finish’ button.
- Click on ‘Finish’ and restart your PC.
- Open QuickBooks and click ‘Update QuickBooks’ to download and install the updates again.
Check The Firewall Settings
- Open the Control Panel, click on ‘System and Security’ and select ‘Windows Firewall.’
- Click on ‘Advanced Settings’ and select ‘Inbound Rules.’
- Right-click on ‘Inbound Rules’ option and select ‘New Rule.’
- Select ‘Port’ under the ‘Rule Type’ section.
- Select TCP from the first set of radio buttons and set the second radio button to specific local ports. Then, click on ‘Next.’
- Select ‘Allow the connection if it is secure’ option and click ‘Next.’
- Select the network type and check all the options before switching from one network to another. Hit the ‘Next’ button again.
- Assign a name to the rule and click ‘Finish.’
- Repeat the same steps in case of Outbound Rules. Only select Outbound Rules instead of Inbound Rules.
Installing The Updates Manually
- Select ‘Update to the latest release’ option and check whether your product is selected or not.
- Click ‘Change’ and select your QuickBooks products.
- Select ‘Update’, choose the location where you want to save your file and click on ‘Save.’
- After the update process is over, double-click on the file which you have saved in the last step and install the update.
- Wait for some time and restart Windows after the installation is over.
This article has put together the most relevant solutions following which, you should be able to fix the QuickBooks Update Error 15215 and also you can come across other error code message of this sort, like the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 77. For which you can get a comprehensive instructional guide from the website.