Printers are one of the most reliable and trusted devices used by people across the globe. And Lexmark printers are one of the famous brands that offer the best quality features. Despite the amazing features, some issues are bound to occur with these devices. Lexmark printer won’t print is one of the most popular issues that users are confronting. There are several reasons behind the occurrence of this error. One of the primary cause is the incompatible driver. Hence, to remove the error you have to go through the entire article and avail the best steps that can help you to remove the error on the go.
Know the Reasons Behind Lexmark Printer Won’t Print Issue:
Before going to an effective solution, you should check out the effective causes that can lead to Therefore, here we have mentioned some of the important causes that can provide you with better clarification. Hence, take a look below:
- The bad connection between the Lexmark printer and the computer
- The printer driver is not updated.
- Windows is not the latest version
- Empty cartridges
- Corrupted or broken drivers
Effective Strategies to Troubleshoot Lexmark Printer Won’t Print Without Color Ink
With a couple of troubleshooting strategies, you can solve the issue. So try to follow these instructions carefully:
Method 1: Update printer driver manually
Basically, drivers are the software application that is inserted in your printer’s CPU to run the hardware function correctly. When you are starting to update your OS to Windows 10, many drivers can get damaged or corrupted during the updating process. So before updating it manually, assure that it runs efficiently. With the help official site of Lexmark, you can easily update it. Hence, to update the driver manually, try to follow the steps one by one.
- First of all, go to the Windows 10 control center and open the device manager.
- After that, choose the printer device in the set of options and devices that you need to update them. You will be able to see the drivers which are already broken with a yellow mark.
- Now, go to the printer device by right click on it and select the ‘Update driver software’ folder below the drop-down list.
- After selecting the option Update driver software, two options come to the window. The first one is ‘Search and download the driver from the internet’. So you have to follow this instruction on the screen and install the appropriate driver. And, the second option is ‘Search the computer for driver files’. That means you use already the downloaded version and now you need to update it form your computer.
- Once the procedure is done, check the issue. If the problem still persists, go to the next procedure.
Method 2: Use Windows update for the latest drivers
According to this method, you have to use the Windows update to download the desired drivers. To use Windows update, head over to the following steps:
- At first, go to the Start option and tap on the Settings option.
- Form the settings Windows, now choose ‘Windows update’ in the left pane.
- Then, tap on the updates and take sometimes until Windows get the exact updates of the drivers.
- After that, tap on the links for the updates. If you do not get the driver in the link from the settings option, then this does not mean that Windows is not able to search for any appropriate procedure to update the drivers.
- Now, install the updates and reboot your system to save the changes.
- Finally, you can check whether the error is resolved or not.
Method 3: Restart print spooler service
Restarting the print spooler service may also help to solve the Lexmark printer won’t print problem. To do this, try to follow the steps first:
- First of all, you have to go to the Start menu and tap on the search option.
- After that, write down “Computer Management” there and press on the ‘computer management’.
- Now tap on the ‘Services and application’ option down below. This will show you a menu of services.
- Then, you need to locate the “print spooler service” option and right click on it.
- At last, tap on the ‘restart’ section to start again the print spooler service.
When you restart the print spooler service, then you need to print any document to view if the issue is resolved.
Method 4: Set up the Lexmark printer as your default Printer
Basically, the computer allocates your printer as the default printer status. It might be changed due to some reasons. So you should reassign the Lexmark printer like the default printer. To set up the Lexmark printer, try to follow the below steps and implement it accordingly:
- At first, go to the control panel section and choose the Devices and printers option.
- After that, open the listed Lexmark printer and right click on it.
- Now, press on the ‘Set as default printer’ folder.
- Also, assure that the paper plate of the Lexmark printer is totally filled or not. Most of the times, If the paper plate is not full of enough papers, then the printer won’t print. Therefore, you have to fill the tray with sufficient papers.
- Finally, figure out the issue once if it is fixed. If you can not fix it, then go through the next procedure.
Method 5: Check the connection
Sometimes Lexmark printer won’t print also because of the connection problem between the Lexmark printer and the computer. This is why first, check all connection of the printer. Then verify that the connection which is attached with a cable or without wireless. If the printer is attached with a USB, unplug the wire and attach it again. After plugging it, reboot the computer. If the connection is connected without wire, then assure that the internet is properly working. In addition, see if the printer will able to attach with your wireless network and reboot the router.
Above discussed are the common troubleshooting techniques that will help you to fix the problem of your Lexmark printer. Hopefully, these methods were helpful for you. In case you have faced any difficulty or you have any doubt with the methods, it is better to opt for an experts help.