When it comes to advanced laptops and high-end gadgets, Dell deserves a special mention. With distinct features and specifications, Dell is a top brand among laptop manufacturers. However, you may face technical complications while using Dell laptops. One such issue include Dell Display Manager Error.
What Is Dell Display Manager?
The Dell Display Manager is the application developed for the Windows. This program enables the users to alter the settings of their monitors like ‘brightness’, ‘display mode’ contrast etc. In order to run this software, you need to have the ‘DDC/CI i.e. Display Data Channel Command Interface’ within the monitor. Normally, a monitor from Dell uses connections like VGA, HDMI, DVI and DisplayPort that works on DDC/CI. Although, these monitors do not support USB connection.
What Causes This Error?
This section of the article will provide reasons on why does the Dell Display Manager Error occurs.
- If there is a malfunction in the Dell Display Manager, then you might get this issue.
- Even when the video drivers are corrupt somehow then also you can face this error.
- If the monitor is not connected by a DDC or Display Data Channel supported display connection such as ‘DVI’, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this issue.
Solutions For Dell Display Manager Error
In this section, you will get various points that will help you rectify this error in an easy way as possible.
Steps To Delete Dell Display Manager Software Via Control Panel
You can remove Dell display manager via ‘Control Panel’. To do this follow the simple steps below.
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Windows + S’ keys simultaneously to launch the search text area. Inside that text area type control panel. From the result of the search, select the option that is in first. This will show the window ‘Control Panel’.
- Within the ‘Control Panel’ window, locate and choose the category ‘Programs’. Then from a new window, choose the option ‘Programs and Features’
- After that, from the list of installed programs, locate the application ‘Dell Display Manager’ and choose it. Next, right-click on it and then select the ‘Uninstall’ option from the popup options.
- Finally, when the uninstaller program shows up, then follow the information on the screen and accordingly delete the application from your machine. After the uninstallation is over just reboot the PC.
Delete Dell Display Manager Via Settings Application
- First, hit both the keys ‘Windows + I’ to launch the ‘Settings’ application window in Windows 10.
- Inside that window, locate and then choose the category ‘Apps’. This will open a page with the heading ‘Apps & features’ in the ‘Settings’ window.
- In that page scroll down and see the list applications installed on your machine under subheading, similar to the heading of the page itself.
- Now, within the list, locate the ‘Dell Display Manager’ software and click on it. Next, choose the button ‘Uninstall’ to delete the application.
- When the removal process is complete, reboot the machine. After the computer will restart then install this software from the CD that you have got with the monitor or via the official Dell website.
Download Correct Driver For Dell Monitor
- First, visit the official Dell website. Then inside that website look for the latest driver software for your monitor.
- When you have found the exact driver for the monitor then download it. Once the download is over, make an attempt to install it by executing the setup file.
- Next, when installation of the driver software is over, inspect whether you are still getting this error or not.
- If you are still facing this glitch then uninstall the video driver from your machine and reinstall it. Even you can try to update the driver automatically using the default update driver feature.
You can able to fix Dell Display Manager Error quite easily if you follow all the steps in the previous section. Now, even after following each point carefully, if you cannot solve this error, then do not worry. Post your queries and we will get back to you in no time.