Avast antivirus program is one of the preferred security applications when it comes to antivirus software. In Spite of delivering total security, it is not flawless. Some server troubles often crop up affecting the performance of the computer. In case you are facing Avast HTTP Server Returned Error while working on the P.C, read the article to know the latest hacks. In the end, we will also suggest some solutions to wipe off the glitches.
Signs Related to Avast HTTP Server Returned Error
This particular server error appears with most Avast product users. Staring from Avast Pro to Avast Premier you can face issues with the internet connection. Mostly this happens when there is a malware attack or a connection failure. There are some signs that you should not miss out.
- A pop up appears on the screen while you are working on any tab
- The user encounters an HTTP error message when the program cannot upgrade itself.
- Instantly the Window crashes and the work is affected
- Your computer may freeze for several seconds
- In addition, the keyboard and mouse may become slow or unresponsive to actions
- The alert will constantly pop up and may change certain components of the Operating System.
- In the worst case, your P.C may shut down on its own.
The symptoms appear on all versions of Avast. Therefore, it is necessary not to overlook these signs and fix it as soon as possible.
Causes Related to Avast Server and Update Error
Avast server glitches originate from various sources. There can be severe connection issues due to which the program will be unable to upgrade by itself. Well, one of the reasons can be related to Avast files and folders. If they are defective or corrupt, there are chances that the installation procedure will fail miserably. Other causes that pertain to this glitch are-
- There can be virus and malware attack due to which the Avast security application may stop working.
- Similarly, hardware malfunctions can slow down the process of Avast Pro antivirus
- Less space in the drive may not allow internet security to work effectively on the computer.
- A corrupt driver can accidentally delete Avast related applications, files and folders.
- Recent changes in the operating system can also accidentally remove these files. In this regard, customized changes may not detect internet security suites.
- If you are using a separate software application prior to Avast, chances are there that few files are still left to be deleted. These can interfere with the Avast internet application. Once you remove them from the drive completely, the error will disappear on its own.
- At times the Firewall Protection acts as a hindrance for the free Avast application. It can restrict the download and installation procedure.
- Troubles with the Windows Registry is a common cause that most users face. In fact, it is the sole reason that can hamper the Operating System in a minute!
Other Causes in A Quick Glance
Apart from the above-mentioned reasons, there are some other factors leading to this HTTP problem.
- Third party tools can interfere with the Windows registry and mess up the entire situation
- Junk files, cache, cookies can restrict the driver from upgrading applications
- Lack of space in the browser memory can affect the drivers. As a result, the server error appears
Ways to Resolve Avast HTTP Server Returned Error
Once the symptoms and causes are discussed, it is time to talk about the solutions that you can take for removing the glitch from the computer. You can check the internet for various websites but most of them direct the wrong way. Therefore, it is advisable to follow the solutions provided down below.
As the first step, check the internet connection. At the same time check the router and its IP address. Once that is thoroughly checked, the connectivity issues will wipe out and the server returned problem will cease to exist.
As the next solution, you can clear the cache memory from the browsers. At the same time, you can clear cookies to expand the speed and space of the drivers. Follow the steps given below for the solution to work.
- Open your browser and tap the control icon and H key together.
- A new page will open which will show the Browser History.
- Now, choose the Clear Browsing History box and drop down the arrow key.
- You can set the range and time for deleting the unnecessary files, folders and sites. You can eliminate few or all of them at once or in a while. For this particular trouble, you should remove everything at once. The process will take some time, so keep patience.
Minimize that action and move directly to Clear Data which will remove all the unnecessary elements from the system. Once this step is complete, Avast HTTP Server Returned Error will be eliminated.
Under the third method, you can uninstall the Avast security shield and carry out the downloading procedure afresh after a while. You can begin the procedure by pressing the Start button on your keyboard. Then move to the Control Panel box
- Once that option is clicked, the box on Program and Features will come into picture.
- Now, expand this page to view other programs that are stored or installed in the Operating System.
- Navigate your mouse or the arrow keys to the Avast antivirus application and tap on that key.
- Once you click on it, the Uninstall option along with a list will come to sight.
- After a break of a minute or so, reinstall the Avast Antivirus security shield.
- Switch off your computer once the process is over.
- Take a break for few minutes and check the system. Hopefully, the glitch will not appear again.
You can turn off the Firewall Protection for the time being. At the same time make sure that you remove all the existing files related to previous security software, if any.
The last procedure is the reboot. But this should be considered as the last resort. The method can lead to data loss. In most cases, your customized changes may also disappear. So try this at your own risk.
You will find various repair tools available on the net. But it is recommended not to apply them. Since most of them can be fraudulent. Hope this article was helpful and able to resolve Avast HTTP Server Returned Error from the system. If the issue comes up again, you can post your complications.