You can use your regular email program or app to receive and send messages with your Yahoo mail address and also can access your Yahoo mail account in a web browser. But for that, you need to enable the IMAP protocol. The IMAP (Internet Mail Access Protocol ) setting ensures that you can access emails in all the Yahoo folder in both email program and web browser at the same time. However, if you want to enable this protocol, then you also have to configure the SMPT and POP3 settings in order to send email using your Yahoo account. Now, to know about how to enable IMAP in Yahoo mail, follow this article. This is because we have provided here the IMAP accessing methods. So, without wasting any time, let’s get into it
Know How To Enable IMAP In Yahoo Mail:
Yahoo Mail offers free, direct IMAP access for all Yahoo users, That’s why there is nothing to set up on the mail account. However, in order to use the IMPA protocol, you need to configure your device with correct information such as incoming/outgoing servers, ports and username, and password. This is because without this information the IMAP protocol is unable to connect your Yahoo mail other devices and apps. Now, if you want to perform that process, then follow the given instructions.
IMAP Setting For Device
- Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com(port 933 SSL)
- Outgoing Server: smpt.mail.yahoo.com(port 465 SSL/TLS)
- Username: full email address of your Yahoo mail ( example:123@ yahoo.com). But if that thing gets failed then use email address without @ and rest ( example: 123 )
- Password: The password of Your Yahoo mail
How To Enable POP in Yahoo Mail?
The IMAP governs the receipts and viewing of messages and the SMTP controls the sending of outbound messages. Therefore, when you configure the IMAP on your device, you will also need to set up the SMTP. However, Yahoo mail also supports POP ( Post Office Protocol ). POP is an older email standard that manages the receipt of messages. Hence, in order to use your IMAP protocol to its full potential, you need to enable the POP in your Yahoo mail and to do that, you can follow the given steps
- In order to start this process, log in to your Yahoo Mail account
- Then, click on the Options link and select the Mail Options link.
- Now, in the Mail Options page, click on the POP & Forwarding option. You will get it on the left side of the page.
- There you need to fill the box beside the Allow your Yahoo! Mail to be POPed or Access Yahoo! Mail via POP option ( in the new version of Yahoo mail )
- After that, hit the Save Changes button (in Yahoo Mail Classic) or Save button (in the new version)
Once you do that, the POP will get activated on your Yahoo mail and after that, you need to enable it in your device. Now, if perform the POP and SMTP device activation process, follow the given steps.
Enable POP In Device
- Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995 SSL)
- Outgoing (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 465 SSL)
- Account name: Complete email address of your Yahoo Mail without @ and rest
- Password: The login password of your Yahoo mail.
After you complete this process, the IMAP protocol will get active on your Yahoo mail and you can start using it. But, if anything gets wrong, then you need to perform this process once more in order to get a successful result.
How To Access The Yahoo Mail Account Using IMAP Protocol?
In order to access your Yahoo Mail seamlessly in an email program, launch the new-account wizard of your desired email program and enter the following settings. But while doing that make sure that you have to enter the correct information and settings.
- Yahoo Mail IMAP server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- IMAP port: 993
- IMAP TLS/SSL: yes
- IMAP user name: full email address of your Yahoo mail password
- IMAP password: password of your Yahoo Mail account or app
- Yahoo Mail SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP port: 465 (if this code doesn’t work then try 587 as an alternative code)
- SMTP TLS/SSL: yes
- SMTP username: your Yahoo Mail address
- SMTP password: password of your Yahoo Mail
After performing this process, you can access your Yahoo mail account without any hiccups. However, if any error occurs then close everything and retry this process.
If all the methods given in the above section, failed to provide you a satisfying result, then you need to contact the technical team for proper guidelines. However, sometimes users also unable to perform this process due to bad internet connection or Yahoo server issue. Therefore, before trying any major solution contact with your Internet service provider. We hope that our methods and suggestions are able to solve all of your queries on how to enable IMAP in Yahoo mail. For more tech-related information and posts, keep following our articles.