The cookies on the internet are small text files which help the websites to store personal preferences for that particular website. It also tracks your behavior across a number of websites; therefore, there are many web users who prefer to disable the third-party cookies in order to prevent them from being tracked by any hacker or outsiders. But these cookies have its purpose as it enables proper functionality of a lot of websites. Thus, for proper rendering of the web pages, cookies are essential. Sometimes, the blocking of the cookies restricts certain websites to open and therefore, you should learn how to enable cookies on Chrome.
If you don’t know how to enable cookies, then this blog is for you. Here we have provided a detailed solution to enable cookies on Chrome.
You can act in accordance with these steps to enable cookies on your Chrome browser effectively:
• At first, you have to scroll to the top right corner of the home page of the browsers and click on the “Customize and Control” button.
• As soon as you do this, you will get a lot of options on the menu. From the menu, select the “Settings” option. This will take you to the main interface for Chrome’s settings.
• Then you have to go to the Cookies settings and into the search box, type the word “cookie.” This will enable the Chrome to filter out the options which do not match.
• From the different options listed over there, you have to scroll down to the bottom of the settings screen. There you will find a section named as “Content settings.”
• From the Content setting section, you have to select the first option which is named as “Cookies.”
By choosing this option, you can change the Cookies settings as per your preference. In order to enable cookies On Chrome, you have to select the first option- ” Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended).” This will allow the different websites to store cookies on your computer as long as the websites want to. If you want all the normal functionalities of the cookies to run but do not want any other advertising company to track your behavior during the browsing sessions, then you have to turn on the option- ” Keep local data only until you quit your browser.”
There is another option available “Block third-party cookies and site data.” Once if you enable this option and at the same time your cookies are enabled, then any website that you will be visiting will be able to store cookies on your computer, but any third-party website will not be able to track you. After making all the changes required in the settings tab, you need to close the Settings tab and resume browsing. This will successfully configure Cookies on Google Chrome.
By following the steps below, you can easily enable cookies on Firefox:
• Firstly, go to the Menu, situated at the top right corner of the Firefox browser, which looks like three horizontal lines.
• From the Firefox menu, choose the Options and click on it.
• You will get the Options window; there click on the “Privacy and Security” icon.
• Then, you have to configure the browser history settings by changing the cookies policy on your browser.
• After that, click on the drop-down menu of the Firefox browser and you will find there three choices:
If you select this option and enable cookies in Firefox, then the Firefox will keep a list of the websites that you have visited in the Browser history.
If you select this option and disable cookies, then the Firefox browser will not keep a list of the sites that you have visited in the Browser history.
It will provide you more control about what exactly Firefox allows and remembers.
Here also you will get the options to configure the settings for your Firefox browser, like “Accept cookies from websites” or “Blocking third-party cookies” etc. After you have completed configuring your preferences, you have to close the Options tab and then continue using your Firefox browser.
The cookies on Mac actually saves the data of the websites like the login details and the website preferences and thus it speeds up the connection of the websites which you visit more often. Let’s take a look at the steps to enable cookies in Safari browser on Mac:
• Launch Safari browser on Mac and go to the top-left corner and click on Safari.
• Then choose Preferences. After that, you will get a pop-up window; there choose Privacy option
• After that, choose “Always allow” to enable cookies on Mac.
By using these solutions, you can easily enable cookies on browsers. Even you can customize and set your browser preferences as per your need. But if you fail to do so by following the above steps, then get in touch with a professional expert to get recommended solutions for enabling cookies on browsers.