Safari is a default web browser for MacOS and iOS respectively. When you visit any website from this browser, then some information about this website gets stored in the cache memory of the browser. This information is necessary when you visit the website once again. Sometimes, if the cookies are not enabled then, the required information of the website you visit does not get stored on the cache memory and, therefore, it creates a problem on the next visit. This article will provide you with the steps on how to enable 3rd party cookies. In the section, that follows next, you will get the definition of cookies.
Cookies are files that get stored on the web browser. These files help to maintain the state of the web application. A cookie can be used by a website for authenticity, to store some information or preferences of the website that you visit. Even, some information regarding your browsing is also maintained using these files. All the information, that are present within these files are used by the web servers when you visit that specific website again, whose cookies are on the web browser.
Methods to Activate the 3rd Party Cookies Safari
This section of the article presents you with points that will help you on how to enable 3rd party cookies.
Procedure to Activate Cookies on iOS 10
Here, at this point, the process to enable the cookie for the Operating System iOS 10 is provided underneath.
- First, locate and then, tap on the ‘Settings’ application.
- After that, within the application, scroll down and choose the option ‘Safari’.
- Next, on the page that comes up, move down and select the option ‘Block Cookies’ under the section ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Now, go to the section ‘Cookies And Website Data’. Under this section, choose the option ‘Allow from Websites I Visit’.
- At last, visit any site you want to load the cookies of that page and close the browser. After some time, open the Safari and visit the same website that you visited earlier. Now, the website will open faster, since the cookie is doing its work in the background.
Steps to Enable Cookies on iOS 11 and 12
To activate or enable cookies on iOS 11 and 12, the steps you will have to follow are given below.
- First, find and choose the application ‘Settings’ on the ‘Home’ screen.
- After that, on the next page window that comes up, select the option ‘Safari’
- Now, go to the section ‘Privacy & Security’ and locate the option ‘Block All Cookies’.
- Next, if this option’s toggle switch is on right, then it is Off. To allow the cookies of the website all you will have to move this switch to the left.
- Therefore, you will be able to enable 3rd party cookies.
Steps to Allow Cookies on Mac OS Sierra
This point on the section will provide lines that can help to enable cookies on the Mac OS Sierra. In order to do that, follow the steps beneath.
- First, from the dock present on the desktop, choose the ‘Safari’ icon to open it.
- Once the web browser opens, then tap on the ‘Apple logo’ to open the menu list. This list contains all the options for the Safari browser.
- Now, from the list, select the option ‘Preferences’. Then, a new window comes up, within it locate and tap on the tab ‘Privacy’.
- Under this tab, go to the label ‘Cookies and website data:’. Next, from the four options that are present, select the ‘Always allow’.
Process to Activate Cookies on Mac OS High Sierra
In this point, you will get the steps that can help you to activate cookies in Safari browser for the Mac OS High Sierra. Follow the underlying steps, to achieve it.
- Follow the first two steps on the previous point to open the ‘Preferences’ window.
- Within this window, tap on the tab ‘Security’. Then, under this tab, untick the option ‘Block pop-up windows’.
- After that, go to the tab ‘Privacy’ and select it.
- Now, you have to uncheck the option ‘Block all cookies’.
When you follow all the steps present on each and every point carefully, then you can easily understand how to enable 3rd party cookies easily. But, even after following these steps if you are unable to correct the problem, then do not worry. Provide the details about the query you have encountered on the comment section below.