As Windows 7 has ended now, it’s time to upgrade your system to Windows 10 for smooth and secure functionality. However, Windows 10 is not free on the official website of Microsoft and you will have to pay a solid sum of 139 dollars for Windows up-gradation.
Windows 10 was free for users who upgraded their system within 2016. Unfortunately, it was completely stopped for those who did not upgrade. An upgrade to the current version of Windows, i.e. Windows 10, is important as it keeps your system away from corrupted files, bugs, and viruses.
If you are searching for the process of free Windows 10 upgrade then you can simply follow the entire guide in detail.
How to Get a Free Windows 10 Upgrade?
To execute a free window 10 upgrade, make sure to follow the steps given below orderly.
- Navigate to the official website of the Windows 10 and click on Download Windows 10.
- Within the Create Windows 10 installation media section, click on the “Download tool now” and then Run.
- Click on “Upgrade this PC now” if you are upgrading the PC that is currently being used. If you want to perform the up-gradation for another system, click on “Create Installation Media for another PC”. Once done, save the installation files.
- Follow the prompts appearing on your screen to complete the upgrade process.
- Once it gets completed, go to Settings and then click on Update Security. Click on Activation to see the license for Windows 10.
It should be noted that you can upgrade to Windows 10 Home if you are Windows 7 and 8 Home license users. Similarly, Windows 7 and 8 Pro users will only be updated to Windows 10 Pro.
So this was the complete method following which you should be able to upgrade to Windows 10 without any issue.
Free School Version
If you are a school student and meet the eligibility criteria, then you can get Windows 10 for free. All you have to do is navigate to their official website and check if your school qualifies for it.
Besides, this is pretty useful for the teachers working there. As they can get Windows 10 by spending a little price. For such situations, it is recommended to,
Go to the official website of Windows and check whether your school is a member of Imagine Microsoft Program. If yes then you should be able to enjoy Windows 10 for free.
Frequently Asked Question
Does Upgrading To Windows 10 Delete Files?
Users often face a dilemma where they don’t know whether upgrading to Windows 10 will delete the files for them. It is highly recommended to back up the system before performing an upgrade to Windows 10 as it may eliminate all the programs, settings and files from your system. Thus, you can back up the files and restore them after upgrading to Windows 10.
How Much Does it Cost to Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10?
Windows 10 was released in 2015 and thus to upgrade it now you will need to pay an amount of 139 dollars. However, it should be noted that until 2016, Windows permitted free download or up-gradation for people who use Windows 7,8 regularly. Also, the same was valid for people who used pro versions.