Downloading photos from iCloud is not a difficult task if you know the correct procedure to do it. Since users are unaware of this procedure, they fail to download their photos and videos. How to download all photos from iCloud is a common question for Windows, Mac and iOS users. Therefore, we have decided to discuss this process from all aspects to help all iCloud users.
Methods to Download All Photos from iCloud
You can download your photos and videos by using these simple methods.
Method 1: Using the iCloud Software
On Windows PC as Well as Mac
- Visit Apple’s official website and download and install the iCloud software.
- After the installation is complete, open Windows File Explorer and click ‘iCloud Photos.’
- Choose ‘Download photos and videos’ from the navigation pane and select the time period for which you would like to download the photos and videos.
- You can select either a specific date, year or all years in order to download the required photos and videos.
- Wait for a few minutes until iCloud finishes downloading the selected files.
- After that, navigate to the ‘\Pictures\iCloud Pictures\Downloads\’ directory and see whether the downloaded files are visible or not.
Method 2: Download Pictures and Videos Directly from the iCloud Website
On Both Windows PC and Mac
- Launch a web browser, type ‘iCloud.com’ in the address bar and press ‘Enter.’
- Log in to your iCloud account and choose ‘Photos.’
- Choose the ‘All Photos’ album, scroll down through it and click the ‘Select Photos’ button at the top of the clouds Photos bar.
- Select all pictures in the ‘All Photos’ album by holding down the ‘Shift’ key.
- iCloud displays a notification that the following items are selected.
- Now, navigate to the ‘iCloud Photos’ bar and tap the ‘Download’ button at the top.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the resulting popup to confirm the download and hit the ‘Download’ button again to start the process.
Method 3: Copy Photos from Shared Albums
You can manually import photos from shared albums on the following Operating System:
On iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 8 or Later
- Log into your iCloud account, open ‘Photos’ and select ‘Albums.’
- Locate ‘Shared Albums’ and select the name of the album containing your photos and videos.
- Then, tap the ‘Image’ button to open the album and click ‘More Images.’
- Scroll down the images and select the ones you would like to download and click the ‘Save Image’ button.
- Click the ‘Select’ option and then the ‘Save’ button to import the selected photos on your device.
On Mac OS
- Go to the ‘Photos Library’ on your Mac and click ‘Photos.’
- Choose ‘Shared Albums’ and double-click a shared album in order to open it.
- Then right-click on a photo or video and choose the ‘Import’ option to download it on your Mac.
- After importing the photos and videos, go to the Library and arrange them into a sperate library or drive on your PC.
If you have saved your photos, then these will be available even if you have turned off Photos in iCloud. In order to save photos from a shared album, you will need to save them to another folder on the hard drive. Therefore, follow the steps below to save photos to another folder on your computer’s hard drive.
- At first, open iCloud on your Windows PC and click ‘Photos.’
- Then make a note of the path for the location of the iCloud photos you want to export.
- Open a File Explorer window or Windows Explorer window and follow the path you have noted in the previous step.
- After that, open the shared folder and select the particular photos.
- Then click the ‘OK’ button to copy the selected photos to another folder on your PC.
This article has explained how to download all photos from iCloud to Windows PC and how to download all photos from iCloud to Mac. Hope, you are now clear about these concepts and can implement them without any hassles.