On certain situations, every Lenovo laptop is attacked by viruses, broken down or get a blue/black screen. On those moments, the user became unable to use their laptop, unless they go for a Factory Reset. However, if you are one of those users who has forgotten the administrator username and password of their laptop and wants to know how to Factory Reset Lenovo laptop then follow this article. In this article, we have gathered some of the methods of Lenovo Factory Reset. Now, without wasting any time, let’s have a look at them.
The Best and Effective Lenovo Factory Reset Methods
There are two ways by which you can Factory Reset your Lenovo laptop and both of them are given below. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed:
The OneKey Recovery Method
The first method to do the Lenovo Factory Reset that you can try on your laptop is the OneKey recovery method. To start this method, the first thing you need to find is the recovery key or button. Most of the time this button is present on the left/right side of the laptop or the top area of the keyboard. If you have found that key, then begins with the given steps in order to perform a Factory Reset:
- Turn off your Lenovo laptop and plug-in the power adapter into it. If you can’t shut it down normally, then remove the battery and then plug it back again.
- Now, you need to press and hold the recovery key for 5 seconds in order to open the Nove button menu
- On that menu, you will get the System Recovery Option. Select that option and then hit the Enter key.
- After that, a permission window will pop-up on the screen. From that window, select the Start option and then hit the Yes option.
Once you do that, the restoration process will begin. It will take some time to get complete. So, you need to wait for it. After the completion of the restoration process, follow the on-screen instructions to configure the basic settings of your laptop.
Now, if your system doesn’t possess any recovery button on it or you have removed or destroyed the Recovery file, then this method would not work for. In that situation, you can use the second method for Factory Reset which is provided in the next section of this article.
The Repair Disk Method
In Windows OS, there is an easy way to perform the Factory Reset process. But in order to access the resetting privileges, the user will need to provide the username and password of the administrative account. However, if you don’t remember the username or password, then you need to try the repair disk method to execute the Lenovo Factory Reset process. Now, to perform this method, then follow the given instructions.
- First, connect the setup/repair disk on your system/laptop.
- Then, set your system to boot from the repair disk.
- Now, the installation window will come up on the screen. On that window, you need to click on the Next option.
- On the second window, click on the Repair your Computer option. You will find that option on the left side of the screen.
- After that, click on the Troubleshoot option. Now, on the Troubleshoot window, you will get the Reset this PC option. Click on it
- Instantly two rest options will rise up on the screen; “Keep my files” and “Remove Everything”.
- Choose any one of them and then select the version of your pre-installed Windows OS.
- On the next window, you need to choose the Driver Refresh options. The first option you will get is “Only the drive where Windows is installed” and the second option is “All drives”. Select any one of them to get into the next window.
- Now, the disk cleanup options will come-up on your laptop’s screen. There you need to choose between the “Just remove my files” and “Full clean the drive”. Select the option which fits your resetting requirements.
- After that, you need to hit the Reset button in order to begin the Factory Resetting process.
Now, this method will also take some to complete. So, you will need to wait for the completion of the restoration process. Once the process gets completed, check the status of your system and the issue related to it. If you don’t encounter any issue, then the Lenovo laptop Factory Reset task is successful and you are good to go.
We hope that the methods are able to answer all the queries related to the Lenovo Factory Reset methods and their effects. For more tech-related contents, keep following our articles.