Nowadays, most of the laptops have the Touch Screen facility along with a standard keyboard. It helps to save your time and makes your work easier. So most of you are getting accustomed to this facility. But, due to some reasons, you may want to disable Touch Screen Windows 10 temporarily. Since there is no built-in way to do this task, you may want to know how to turn off the Touch Screen feature.
So this is to make you aware that there is an easy way to accomplish this task. In this regard, you just need to follow a few steps. Now let’s discuss get into the details of the solution.
How To Disable Touch Screen Windows 10?
You may wish to disable the Touch Screen so that you do not end up doing something unintentional. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Right-click on the Start button to access the WinX Menu and open Device Manager.
- Select ‘Human Interface Devices’ and expand it to get the list of options.
- Search for ‘HID-compliant Touch Screen’ from the list.
- Right-click on it and select ‘Disable’ from the popup list.
- A warning dialog box appears to inform that the device will become non-functional if you disable it.
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm that you really want to disable the device.
- It disables the Touch Screen immediately.
- If you reopen the Device Manager and check the icon for HID-compliant Touch Screen, you will find an icon like a down arrow beside it. This icon indicates that you have disabled the Touch Screen option.
Enable Again If You Wish To
Afterward, if you want, you can enable the Touch Screen again. To do that,
- Open Device Manager and tap on ‘Human Interface Devices’.
- Right-click on the HID-compliant Touch Screen under ‘Human Interface Device’ and select ‘Enable.’
- Now your Touch Screen is ready for use.
It is necessary to make a note that the Touch Screen facility depends upon the type of display that your computer has. Your computer must have a pre-installed driver to enable this facility.
If you are unable to re-enable the Touch Screen on your PC, there is a chance that your PC has a corrupted or incompatible driver. In that case, you will need to uninstall the existing driver and search for a compatible driver. Then install it manually or automatically on your PC.
Here ends the procedure on how you can disable Touch Screen Windows 10. Hopefully, it has added some inputs to fulfill your purpose.