In this fast-pacing world of digitalization, computers and laptops are commonplace. In fact, we can barely think of our lives without computers. And essentially speaking, when we are so reliant on our system, however, it goes without saying that technical hitches are only too common with any technological device. In this context, you must especially be aware of some major System errors that you may confront while running your computer. Actually, whenever your computer runs into any unexpected errors or glitches leading to System crashes, it retains a copy of the machine’s memory at the moment it undergoes a crash so as to detect the real cause of the problem. This especially happens when your Computer System encounters a BSOD or Blue Screen of Death error. Such memory dumps are referred to as the System Error Memory Dump Files.
A Brief About System Error Memory Dump Files
Now essentially speaking, there are different types of such Dump Files. And each of these dump files is stored up in Windows Local Disk C in the form of system error memory dump files. However, the problem arises when the Local Disk gets overloaded with Such Dump Files. It is then that you basically need to eliminate the stored up files by means of availing the Disk Cleanup Utility in order to clear the storage and increase its usability. Because, unless you delete these memory dumps, these can get accumulated up to 100 GB over a period of time. However, herein lies the glitch. Many users have raised concerns that the Disk Cleanup Utility often fails to clean up the disk.
Now, quite obviously such a technical glitch is quite unnerving as well as frustrating. We understand that the hitch under question is quite frustrating, however, it is also not altogether irrevocable. Rather, there are multiple solutions to delete system error memory dump files windows 10. And in this article, we are going to offer you the most effective methodologies that will help you eliminate the System Memory Dumps in no time.
Effective Strategies to Remove the System Error Memory Dump Files windows 10:
Under this section, we shall impart with you the most workable strategies to apply in order to remove the System Error Memory Dump Files. And we assure you that by means of applying them you can eliminate the System Dump Files most easily. So, without any further ado, let us begin with the procedures:
Strategy 1: Avail Elevated Clean Up
If you are looking for the most effective mechanisms to clear the System Memory Dump, then utilizing the Elevated Clean- Up Utility may be the perfect solution for you. Essentially speaking, a normal Clean-up tool may prove ineffective if the dump files in your System is stuck midway through the process of analysis. Therefore, in case your System Memory Dumps are waiting for the completion of the action, then you cannot possibly avail an ordinary clean-up tool. Hence under such conditions, you are left with the only alternative to use the Elevated Cleanup Utility instead. And cited below are the instructions of doing so.
Detailed Guidelines To Follow
- First and foremost, you need to click on the Windows Key as well as S Key simultaneously. The moment you do this, it is going to launch the Search Bar.
- Thereafter, within the address bar, you need to feed in the command “disk cleanup.” Following this, press the Enter button.
- Then, you will have to right-click upon the result as and when it pops up. Thereafter, you should choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- As soon as you do this, a Window is going to pop up asking you to specify the drive that you intend to clear up. The moment the Window pops up, choose “local disk C” only if you have stored your OS memory in that drive. Once done, click on the OK button.
- The moment you do this, the OS will instantaneously start scanning all the system error memory dump files windows 10. And on the successful execution of the scanning process, it is going to display you the amount o storage space that is cleared
- Lastly, check through the files you wish to delete and thereafter press on the OK button in order to confirm the action.
- The moment you have executed this, your Windows OS will clean up the memory in minutes and also allocate the amount of space that is cleared.
Strategy 2: Try Utilizing the Extended Disk Cleanup
In case you have failed to remove all the system error memory dump files by means of the Elevated Clean Up Utility Tool, then you can try using the Extended Disk Cleanup tool instead. This particular tool offers greater at your disposal, thereby enabling you to choose your options as per your discretion while removing the system memory dump files. Therefore, go through the undermentioned guidelines to use the Clean-Up Utility in question.
- Right at the beginning, click on the Windows Key as well as S Key simultaneously for the initiation of the Start Menu bar.
- Thereafter, you must write Command Prompt within the address bar. Thereafter, right-click on the result section as and when it pops up.
- Following this, you should choose the option entitled” Run as administrator”.
- When the Command Prompt Window opens up, you will have to feed in the command “Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535” within the address bar and click on the Enter button.
- The moment you do this, you shall behold the other available options within the Extended Clean-Up tool.
- Following this, choose all the options you wish to eliminate and press on the Ok button.
- Finally, on completion of all the steps, you will simply have to reboot your System and verify whether the issue still persists
Strategy 3: Try Eliminating the Dump Files Manually
This is the last and final alternative that we have in store for you. In case the issue under discussion still persists despite trying over all the solutions mentioned above, you can delete system error memory dump files windows 10 manually. Hereunder are the instructions for you to adhere to.
- The foremost thing for you to do is to click on the Windows Key as well as the R Key from your keyboard in order to initialize the Run Box.
- Following this, write “Control Panel” within the address bar and click the Enter button.
- The moment the Control Panel Window opens up, you need to navigate over to the “System and Security” tab,
- Thereafter, reach out to the System Category browsing over through the options. Following this, you should press on the icon entitled “Advanced system settings”. You should be able to locate the icon on the left-hand side of the panel.
Additional Steps to Follow
- Then move over to the Startup and Recovery tab, you should choose “Settings”
- After that, you shall be able to locate the stored dump files within the Dump file box
- Now, you can check the storage space for each of these files from the drop-down menu bar. Thereafter, you should click on Windows Key + R Key together. Then paste the storage location of the Dump Files that you just copied.
- Finally, you can also verify the allotted space for each of these dump files.
Now, after the successful execution of all the steps mentioned above, you should look out for the file entitled “MEMORY.DMP”. And as soon as you find it click on the Delete button in order to eliminate the same along with all the administrative privileges.
To Round Things Off
Thus, its time for us to wind things up. With the solution we suggested to you, deleting the system error memory dump files will not be a big deal. Therefore, apply the solutions if your Local Disk C gets accumulated with the Dump Files. With these strategies, you can easily delete the system error memory dump files