Yahoo happens to be one of the most popular email service providers of all that allows you free email services alike for nonsubscribers. But as the users start getting numerous emails day-by-day, their mailbox gets stuffed up with tons of emails. In those situations, it is extremely troublesome to locate an individual mail from the list which is pretty frustrating. In that case, the user wishes to remove the email folders to make their work easier. But unfortunately, they really don’t know “how to delete folders in Yahoo mail?” as the service has such an exceptional feature that it won’t let you delete the folders that aren’t empty.
So, if you are making a resolve to delete the folders in Yahoo mail and you are unable to manage that, then this article will undoubtedly serve you out in all possible ways. In this content, we will discuss all the effective methods and steps to delete the folders completely in Yahoo mail. We counsel you to stick on this article to get your problem resolved as quickly as possible.
Effective Methods on “How to Delete Folders in Yahoo Mail?”
We have prepared a list of some effective methods to delete folders in Yahoo mail. You can try either of these methods or all the methods until you have the problem resolved:
Method 1: Delete the folder using a Custom folder from Yahoo mail
To delete the folders completely in your Yahoo mail account, you need to delete or move any emails out of the folder. Here are some of the steps mentioned below to do so:
- At first, go to the login page of Yahoo mail and enter the email ID and password to sign into the account.
- Now, select the mail folder you want to delete and then, search the checkbox that is next to each message.
- Navigate to the main toolbar from the settings option and then select Delete from the option.
- Now, select the Move option and when you see the folder is empty, select the dropdown arrow next to the folder name you have selected.
- Select Delete Folder option from all the options and click on OK to confirm the deletion.
At last, sign out your Yahoo mail account and then, re-login it and check whether the folder is removed completely. If the folder still persists and is not removed from the account, try another method below.
Method 2: Delete folders using Yahoo Mail IMAP
IMAP is another significant feature in Yahoo mail services that allows you to delete the folders over the web. It also allows you to delete folders in other email programs connected to the account via IMAP. Following are some of the steps below to do so:
- At first, open a web browser and get access to the login page of Yahoo mail and then enter the Email ID and Password to log into the account.
- Now, locate the particular folder you wish to delete and then right-click on that folder. Be sure that the deleted folder will not show up in the Mail Trash folder and the folder will be moved to the Local Deleted Items folder.
- Select the Delete option from the menu and then click on Confirm to finish the process.
Note: If you have mistakenly deleted the wrong folder, then select the Undo option quickly once it appears on the top of the page to recover it back. Now, log out the Yahoo mail service and re-login the account to check whether the folder is deleted or not. If the folder is still not removed, try another method to delete that.
Method 3: Delete the Yahoo mail folder using the Mail Basic
Yahoo mail basic is an in-built feature that does not have its own option in the settings. You have to first enable the feature from the Viewing Email section of the Yahoo mail services. The feature grants you to delete the folder completely from your Yahoo account. Following are some of the steps below to do so:
- At first, open a web browser and navigate to the login page of Yahoo services and enter the Email ID and Password to log into your account.
- Now, select a folder you want to delete in Yahoo Mail Basic and then move any message you wish to keep.
- Select the Edit option next to My Folders option from the folder list and then select the Delete option.
- Now, select Delete Folder option under the My Folder and then Select OK to confirm the process.
Log out the account and then, re-login to the Yahoo mail service and check whether the folder exists or not.
Note: The folder you have deleted will move to the Trash folder and you can easily recover them later.
These 3 are the most effective methods we have talked about to delete a folder from the Yahoo Mail services. You can try one of these methods or all the above methods one by one until you are done with the task. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to guide you on “how to delete folders in Yahoo mail?” You can also take an expert’s guidance if you found any difficulty or you are unable to perform the task.