Mac is one of the most advanced-featuring brands when it comes to laptops. But there are several models of Apple’s Mac that doesn’t need CD or DVD-ROM to boot the system. Apple recently launched its newer and higher version of OS X Mavericks which only carries a USB boot. Therefore, many users found difficulty while creating bootable USB Mac. It is essential to boot the PC as there might be a virus on your Mac or there might be a dangerous system failure. So, if you don’t know how to create a bootable USB Mac and looking for effective solutions to resolve this, then this article is exclusively for you.
In this article, we will discuss all the possible means to create a Mac USB installer and how to perform a clean install of the MacOS. We counsel you to stick in this article to get your problem solved as soon as possible.
Important things that you need to create a bootable USB Mac:
There are only two major things that you need to create a bootable USB on a Mac. The first thing that you need is 12 GB Flash Drive. Another thing you need is “MacOS installation files” which you will get from the Mac Apple store. In the next segment, we will explore the possible hacks to create a bootable USB Mac.
Effective hacks to create a bootable USB Mac:
Creating a bootable installation of Mavericks MacOS needs a single command that connects to your MacOS. Creating a bootable USB will erase everything from the hard drive. Follow the steps below to know how to create a bootable USB on a Mac.
- At first, turn on your MacBook and plug in the external hard drive with 8 GB free space.
- Now, press Cmd+Spacebar+Start on your keyboard to launch the Disk Utility on your MacBook.
- Click on the View drop option below the cross minimize button on your Mac. Then, select Show All Devices option from the on-screen menu.
- Once a new tab opens, you can see the External root drive in the sidebar. Select the option there and click on Erase option.
- Now, select MacOS extended as the format and select the GUID partition map from the sub-menu.
- Replace the term USB from the terminal command and click on Erase until the disk utility creates the partition and sets up the drive.
- When the process completes, click on Done and open the terminal by pressing Cmd+Spacebar on your keyboard and type “Terminal”.
- Copy the text “sudo /Applications/Install/ macOS/High/Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/MyVolume –applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app” and paste it in the terminal and click on OK.
- If you are asked for a password, then enter the password and make sure there wasn’t anything important on the drive.
- If you get a warning notice from the Terminal that it is about to erase the hard drive, then press “Y” to continue the process.
- It will take a few time to copy the installer file to your drive and then when the process completes, you can see the message “Copy complete” appear on the Window.
- Now, plug in the external drive into the MacBook and then install a fresh copy which you want to install on your device.
- Now, hold down the option Alt key while it is booting up and then click on the external drive. Then, choose MacOS when a notice displays on the “Startup Manager”.
Once you are done with these steps, you will find that your MacBook will restart automatically.
These are some of the major hacks that you can try to know how to make a bootable USB Mac. We have explored all the possible ways to perform this task. Hope this article was beneficial enough to guide you on how to create a bootable USB on Mac. In case, you are unable to boot your MacBook with these solutions, better you contact a computer professional for technical guidance.