When it comes to the best Fiber Optics Service available in the market, the first name that comes to our minds is Verizon FiOS. Verizon FiOS allows multiple devices to avail internet services through a single FiOS connection.
But even with a strong network connection, several FiOS users face difficulties while making a Skype call. Video calling or FaceTime is a very common practice among today’s youth. And having trouble while video chatting can be pretty annoying.
Hence, after going through several complaints about Skype problems, we have come up with simple solutions on how to connect Skype to a FiOS router.
Why this connectivity problem arises?
The major disturbance while making a skype call is a poor internet connection. The user may get a notification that the connection is not strong enough to support video calls.
After getting this message the video call either freezes or gets disconnected. Other primary causes of this issue are outdated system drivers, hardware malfunction of FiOS router, corrupted files in the Windows system.
The connectivity problem usually disappears if we connect our device to the wireless network, i.e. the FiOS router, properly.
Steps to connect Skype to a FiOS router-
Here’s a list of steps you need to follow if you want to connect Skype to your FiOS router on your own:
- To start the procedure, first, switch ON your computer or laptop and navigate to the Connection icon. This icon is usually in the shape of a monitor or a series of bars and is located on the taskbar of the device’s screen.
- Click on the Connection icon and a list of available connections will appear. From that pop-up list, select the FiOS network which you want to connect.
- Now, click on the Connect tab and a new dialog box will open. Under “Connect to a network” dialog box, type your network security key correctly.
- Complete the procedure by clicking on the OK tab.
After connecting your laptop or computer to the FiOS router, now you can open Skype to make a video call. The disturbance issue would have been resolved by now.
How to make a Skype Call?
Now to make a proper Skype call, you must perform these steps correctly:
- Go to Skype and open the app.
- Login with the help of your username and password. (Make sure that you enter correct username and password)
- Now, click on the Sign In button to open Skype. Next, choose the person whom you want to call from your contact list.
- Make the call by selecting either audio or video option.
- After completing the conversation, cut the call by clicking on the End Call tab.
Hopefully, this article will help you to get rid of this annoying connection problem so that you can make a disturbance-free Skype call to anyone and anytime.