Connecting your Dell printer with the wireless network can help you and your co-workers or employees to send print jobs without leaving their workspace. Furthermore, configuring a Wifi enabled Dell printer can also assist you to de-clutter your workspace by allowing you to bypass long cables of the printer. Therefore, by connecting the Dell printer to Wifi, you can do each and every print jobs with ease through a wireless network.
In recent days, most of the router users are wondering how to connect Dell printer to Wifi. However, if you are struggling with the same query, go through the procedures given below in the following section and connect the Dell printer to Wifi instantly.
Here are the Simple Steps on How to Connect Dell Printer to Wi-Fi:
You may come up with the various types of methods to connect the Dell printer with the wireless network. But, you need to try some practical methods which can ensure the premium solution on time. In this article, we have mentioned the most effective and useful methods regarding the Dell printer wireless setup.
The methods are as follows:
- Connect the Dell printer using the USB cable
- Connect the Dell printer using WPS (WIFI Protected Setup)
- Connect manually using the printer front panel
Method 1: Connect the Dell Printer Using the USB Cable
You can easily connect your Dell printer to Wifi by using the USB cable. To do so, follow the below steps.
- At first, you need to insert the software installation disc that came with your Dell printer. Start the installation process of the Dell printer software. You need to ensure that you install the software on your system that has access to the network of the router.
- Now, you need to connect your printer to the system by using the USB.
- Then, tap on the Start button and select the Programs option.
- Choose the “Dell Printers” option and select the “Dell Printer Home” option.
- Now, hit the “Settings Tab” and select the “Wireless Setup Utility” option.
- Now, you will get a list of available networks. After that, choose your required Wifi network under the list of available networks. Tap on the “Continue” button.
- Now, you need to enter the password of your Wifi network to access the internet. If a pop-up dialog appears asking whether you want to allow your Dell software to access your network, tap on the “Continue” or “Ok” button.
Method 2: Connect the Dell Printer Using WPS (WIFI Protected Setup)
By following the below steps, you can easily connect your Dell printer with the wireless network. Moreover, the WPS setup process is very effective to configure your printer.
To set up your Dell printer using Wifi Protected Setup then, follow below described steps.
- At first, you need to make sure that your printer and the router supports WPS.
- After confirming, you need to press and hold the WPS button on your Dell printer for more than ten seconds. Now, you will get a message that indicates WPS mode is running.
- After that, you need to press and hold the WPS button on your router for more than ten seconds.
- Once it is done, you need to wait for more than two minutes for both the devices to connect.
- After completing the above steps, try to print a settings report. Do this to check whether the printer has successfully connected with your wireless network.
Method 3: Connect Manually Using the Printer Front Panel
If you want to connect your Dell printer with the wireless network then, you can try manual steps by using the front panel of your Dell printer.
To do so, follow below described simple steps.
- At first, you need to press the Menu button of your Dell printer.
- After that, choose the System option.
- Now, you need to tap on the Admin Menu option.
- Choose Network.
- Once it is done, tap on the “Wireless Setup” option.
- Now, you will get a list of available networks.
- You need to choose a network under the available network list that you want to connect.
- Now, it is time to enter the Passphrase of your network.
- After completing the above steps, try to print a settings report to check that the printer has successfully connected with your wireless network.
Hopefully, with the help of the above solutions, you will able to connect the Dell printer with the wireless network. Moreover, here we have mentioned the most effective and useful guidelines on how to connect dell printer to the wireless network. Surely, the above mentioned three methods will help you to perform this. However, you do not require any extra technical knowledge or skills to perform the setup steps. Even, you do not need to try all the mentioned methods. You can try any of the above and see which one can give you the ultimate solution to connect the Dell printer to Wifi.