The D-Link router is one of the leading manufacturers of the world for both wired and wireless router. The users continue to prefer their routers for being reliable, fast, and easy to configure. Port Forwarding is an application of Network Address Translation that establishes a connection between computers within a Local Area Network. You can even use port forwarding to connect your PC with a particular service within your private LAN. Like many other routers, D-Link too has an enabled Firewall to prevent outside internal traffic from entering the private Local Area Network. Hence, you need to enable D-Link router port forwarding to access the remote devices like a PC or IP camera. D-Link routers come with a simple user interface in order to help users in configuring the router. Once you understand how to use a D-link router, you won’t face difficulties with any model of D-Link router.
You won’t have a problem in figuring out “how to configure port forwarding in D-Link router?” after reading this article. No matter what the model number is of your router, this guide applies to all D-Link routers. So, let us proceed with the configuration of port forwarding in the remaining part of this article.
Quick Steps to Configure D-Link Router Port Forwarding
The process of configuring port forwarding is very simple and we have tried to make it more simple in the steps given below. Hence, check with these steps and apply it one after another for D-link router port forwarding smoothly:
- To begin the process, you will need to connect your D-Link router to your PC wirelessly or via a USB cable.
- In the case of wired routers, make sure that you aren’t using a faulty USB cable. Moreover, verify whether the USB cable and USB port of your PC are compatible with your router or not. If not, then replace them otherwise, you won’t be able to configure the port forwarding on your router.
- Launch a web browser, type the IP address of the router in the URL bar and press ‘Enter.’ ‘ http://192.168.0.1/’ is the default IP of the router unless you have changed it.
- You will get the login page of the router where you will need to enter ‘admin’ as the username.
- Generally, there is no default password for D-Link routers, hence you can keep the password blank. In case if you have set a password for your router, then enter it in the specified field.
- Now click on the ‘Login’ button to access the actual page of the D-Link router.
- Then click on the ‘Advanced’ tab on the navigation pane at the top of the router’s window.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the ‘Advanced’ tab and choose ‘HTTP.’
- Check the box for the first open virtual server entry and provide a preferred name for this service.
- Enter the IP address of the device which you would like to access through port forwarding.
- After that, navigate to the section below and select ‘TCP’ for Protocol.
- Check the box next to the ‘Enable the port forwarding rule’ option and select ‘Always’ for Schedule filed.
- Locate the Inbound Filter and select the ‘Always for schedule’ option.
- Finally, click on the ‘Save Settings’ button to apply the changes made.
- You will come across a new screen if the settings are saved successfully.
In a Nutshell
Hope, you have no more confusions regarding “how to configure D-Link router port forwarding?” You can repeat the same steps for adding another port forwarding entry for your D-Link router as well. So, enable the router port forwarding of your D-Link device and make optimum utilization of your router to the fullest.