Browser cache is a place that stores data of a particular website or app. So when you visit this website or app again, the data stored in the cache increases the speed of loading pages. Cookies are files which store user-specific information such as authentication data at the request of a website. Browsing history is a record of the websites which you visit from that particular browser. It is essential to clear cache, cookies, and history periodically in any browser to avoid performance and other problems. Multiple Firefox users enquire that how to clear cache in Firefox. So let’s learn easy steps to clear Firefox cache.
How To Clear Cache In Firefox?
Before clearing the cache, you need to save your important data. Otherwise, it will erase all data.
Clear Firefox Cache In Windows 7:
- Open Firefox browser and select ‘History.’
- Click on the ‘Time range to clear’ and select the desired range from the drop-down menu to clear the cache.
- Select ‘Everything’ if you want to clear the entire cache.
- Go to the ‘Details’ tab and choose the elements which you want to clear from your browsing history.
- Click ‘Clear Now’ button and close all Firefox Windows.
- Reopen Firefox to check that you have cleared the cache completely.
How To Clear Cache In Firefox In Windows 10?
- Open Firefox and select ‘History’ from the ‘Menu’ bar. If the ‘Menu’ bar is not visible, then click ‘Alt’ to make it visible.
- Click on ‘Clear recent history’ and select the time range for which you want to clear your browsing history.
- Go to the ‘Details’ tab and select the parts of history or click ‘All items’ to clear the entire cache.
- Now click on the ‘Clear Now’ button to clear the cache.
- Close all Firefox Windows and quit Firefox.
How To Clear Cache In Firefox On Mac?
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your Mac device.
- Go to ‘Menu’, choose ‘History,’ and select ‘Clear recent history.’
- Click on ‘Time Range to clear’ in the new Window that appears on your device.
- Expand the ‘Details’ section and mark the elements such as cookies, download history, etc. which you want to delete.
- Select ‘Everything’ to clear the entire cache.
- Tap the ‘Clear Now’ button to delete items you have selected.
Clear Firefox Cache On Android Devices?
Use the following steps to clear cache on Firefox.
- Open Firefox on your device and tap the ‘Menu’ button.
- Select ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Privacy’ in the next Window.
- Select the ‘Clear Now’ option to get the list of things which you can clear.
- Choose the specific options such as cache from the list and click on ‘Clear data.’
- Instead of selecting and clearing the cache manually, you may use the automatic method. It will clear the entire cache when you exit the Firefox browser. But, you can’t use this method to delete selected items.
Hope, this article has been able to help you to a certain extent to learn how to clear cache in Firefox.