Downloading and clean installing Mac OS gives you new ways to do some house cleaning. If you want to have a fresh start with, you can always choose to do a clean install. Just follow the easy steps below to do a clean install of any version of Mac OS.
Before the Installation Process
Before doing any kind of installation you just need to follow some rules to protect your system.
1. Backup Your Date
This is one of the major precautions during installation process because if anything gets wrong then your whole date will get lost. It would be wiser if you moved or copied your date on another system . You can also upload your file on a cloud service like G-Drive. Dropbox or even iCloud. This will help you protect your data and files.
2. Create A Bootable Drive
The next thing you need to do is that you need to create a Bootable Drive to install the OS. To do that, you need to download that version of Mac OS X you want to install on your system. Then you need to copy that file to a USB drive and then make it a bootable drive.
If your system is already running any old Mac OS X then you can update it to the latest one by simply downloading the file from the Mac App Store and then running it.
Steps To Do A Clean Installation Of Mac OS
- To do that first connect your system with a Wifi or Ethernet connection.
- Then you need to click on the Apple Icon which can be found on the top-left corner. That will pop-up a menu on which you need to click on the Restart option.
- when your system is rebooting press “Command +R”. That action will take you to the OS X Utilities and there you need to enter in the Disk Utility.
- Now choose your Startup Disk and click the Erase option which will be present on the top window. Then enter the name of the file you want to destroy.
- Now if your system is using HFS then select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format and if it is using APFS then select APFS format from the format menu, Now if everything is working fine then select the GUID Partition Map and then click the Erase.
After that click on the Reinstall a new copy of MacOS and then Click on the Continue.
- You need to click the Continue option again and again until you got the installer window on your screen.
- The next thing you need to do is agree to the software terms and conditions and choose your Hard drive. After that, you need to click on the Install option to begin the installation. After a few hours, the process will get completed and you got yourself a new system.
Conclusion: Clean Installing Mac OS
We hope that this installation article is able to help you with your installation procedure.